Note to New Members ×

who ordered a coiler this coming season?

bobdea

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are talking about the Extreme Carve board. This is Bruce's personal favourite for free-carving in Southern Ontario. It works best in hard-pack but has too little effective edge for ice and its stiffness and short ECR (edge cut radius) make it a nervous little thing. You need to be on your game with it but it will carve like nothing else when the conditions are right. It was initially inspired by the Swoard and its chief difference from boards of similar shape and length is that the side cut continues up the shovel a few centimeters before the shovel nose shape starts. This means that the nose initiates aggressively. The board is also wider to permit lower binding angles. The board is also wider to permit lower binding angles.

Ordered a custom this year but it turned out to be the same design as Jasey's boardercross board. Bruce convinced me to wait until Jasey returns one and I can try it out.

So is the Extreme Carve the same as the AM X-treme? or is it something completely different? I've heard great things about the AM X-treme 169 for Southern Ontario hills/conditions.

Yep, I wanted something different. So I designed my own.

I have the 184 coiler with the blue flames and black topsheet which i think is pretty cool looking.....but that design of yours is SWEET( i want that one-----lol) :flamethro NICE WORK ----Have you got it yet???

Flea, I think a Evil Sports Black oval sticker would look perfect on the tail of that board.

Let me know if you would like some and I will be happy to send you some.

NEW_OVAL2.jpg

I am waiting for a Lady all mountain for my wife. A new offering from Bruce this season.

I hope to see it in the next 2 weeks

That sticker is pretty slick :lol: how can i get my hands on a few on those bad boys???

cheers

sheffy

I just got back from riding my 170 Coiler EX (same as Johns' black one) today, what a sick board. So sick that I ordered the same board to avoid any downtime should anything happen to the original.

BTW D-Sub's board rocks in total control, even though I only had 0* cant disks for my TD2's. :ices_ange

It all started on a napkin ,,, remember it took two years even to get it! :freak3:

Don't have a picture of the tail.. but its just like the Napkin!!! Bruce did exactly what I wanted.. even though he resisted!! works just fine!! better than fine!!

Right Said Shred... You lika da snow..eh.. ja,, da snow is good no! :biggthump

post-186-141842209921_thumb.jpg