Note to New Members ×

goltes boards upz boots?

snowboardfast

Has any one ridden any of the goltes boards- they make 3 models 2 that are more freecarving and 1 total race board in different sizes. Looking at them on the web site they look like a good product. Also has anyone used the fast system step in. Looks like it would be stronger than intec. Are the new snowpro bindings good?

UPS boots are really good. They were having a problem with back heels busting right off, but i think its all good now. I rode them for a few weeks i really liked them. I had to switch over to the new

deeluxe for the rest of the year. Deeluxe just fit my foot a bit better.

Bottom line if they fit your feet well there amazing boots

I have fairly normal feet but I had a real problem with UPZ boots. They hurt like hell and I couldn't finish my day with them. To his credit, Dan Yoja took them back with a 10% knocked off because I had used them. I thought that was pretty fair.

So my advice is to really make sure they fit before taking them on the hill.

I have a pair of Snow Pro Bindings. I really liked the Step In feature but due to my weight I wore out my rear boot heel in one season. The bindings worked flawlessly untill the heels wore out. Dan Yoja came through and fixed me up though. * Good customer service.* He actually drove to my house and dropped the parts off. :D (he lives about 40 minutes away from my place and needed to be in town anyways.) I am not sure about it being stronger than intec, but I will find out this season. The bindings have beefy front bails and the all aluminum construction is way better than some of the plastic ones *cough* *Burton* They both have their drawbacks and strengths.

I own 'em UPZ boots, and I used 'em on daily basis (4 to 7 days a week at times), espeically for skiing. I use 'em for carvin' in the early AM (i.e. before the lifts are open to the public) and then switch to skis to be able to do more works (I work in terrain park maintenance as well as special events at Vail). So with that said, I mostly use 'em because Id like to be able to travel with just ONE pair of boots, and UPZ compromises my parameter. I wanna be able to go freeride, therefore im looking into skiing for that aspect. otherwise, id rather be slammin' on the slope as i carve.

I love the boots, but if you ride super-hard, carry spare parts (buckles, tongues, etc.) Oh, and you can't ride them in walk mode, the shell will buckle and overlap weird. I learned that the hard way.

That being the case, I still love the boots. Again though, Dan Yoja to the rescue, he's replacing the entire shell for me after a season of beating the crap out of the boots.

Boots - Fine boots...just make sure you get the right size. Their sizing is WAY WAY off. I don't use mine anymore, but had to downsize 3 sizes.

Boards - no idea

FAST - depends on your application. I bought them for coaching but ended up enjoying the ride. Stiffer than Burtons, softer than Bomber/Catek. As mentioned, the mec is finicky to your heel. I've pulled out of mine perhaps a dozen times...all at the wrong time. But, I attribute 90% of my ejects to snow packing in the hole.

Unfortunately, I rec'd (2) new pair last year and both cables broke within 30 days. My prior (4) pair are still working like a charm. So...must have been some bad batches last year. You can order the heal mec separate, thank god.

I'd steer you towards the standard (Race) SnowPro if you're looking for a reliable set-up and/or don't own a box full of parts like myself.

I bought UPS boots a few years ago, maybe in the 02/03 season. They definitely fit differently than Raichle/Deelux boots. For me, they were a great fit around the foot, but a terrible fit in the cuff: I had a lot of trouble with shin bang and bruising. I held on to them as a spare set, but wound up going back to Raichles.

Note that I had the freeride/freecarve boot (can't remember model name off the top of my head), not the race boot.

No experience with the boards - I'm curious about them too. Hopefully someone can fill us in.

I bought UPS boots a few years ago, maybe in the 02/03 season. They definitely fit differently than Raichle/Deelux boots. For me, they were a great fit around the foot, but a terrible fit in the cuff: I had a lot of trouble with shin bang and bruising. I held on to them as a spare set, but wound up going back to Raichles.

Note that I had the freeride/freecarve boot (can't remember model name off the top of my head), not the race boot.

No experience with the boards - I'm curious about them too. Hopefully someone can fill us in.

I had that trouble with shin bangs. It wasn't fun when its constantly banging on the healed mounded part of my shin bone when i broke it a couple of years ago. so i resolved to that to have a neat pads i bought from a local (this website's local), and it works great. you interested in those pads?

Well comming from a burton boot the UPZ is very close. I was testing 27.5 mondo but they were way too sloppy. I then got a pair of 26.5, after about 15min in the boots i could not feel my feet. I even had boot work done, and the problem would not go away. I then went to deeluxe. The UPZ was just not for my feet.

I think if you go with UPZ you need to get custom liners. The stock ones are crap, and cause really bad shin bang with bad heel lift.

I think if you go with UPZ you need to get custom liners. The stock ones are crap, and cause really bad shin bang with bad heel lift.

Ill definitly vouch for that. Had a custom linear (thanks to michelle of bomber) and it feels alot more cushier than stock linear.

I had that trouble with shin bangs. It wasn't fun when its constantly banging on the healed mounded part of my shin bone when i broke it a couple of years ago. so i resolved to that to have a neat pads i bought from a local (this website's local), and it works great. you interested in those pads?

Hey Lee, I'd like to know more about those pads for sure. What are they and where did you buy them? Do you think that's better (or cheaper?) than just going with a heat-fitted liner?

One nice thing about the UPS/UPZ boots that I forgot to mention is that they have really short sole lengths - much shorter than a Raichle with the same interior measurement.

Best boot that I have ridden yet. First, they are way more comfortable then my Raichles were. They have real buckles which allow for better pressure adjusment then the zip tie on the Raichles. The stock liner does suck so I put a Thermoflex liner in there and the fit is perfect. But then I think that all stock liners suck and the first thing I do is throw them out. Now I can buckle them in the morning and not touch them the rest of the day. First boot I have been able to do that with. I used to take a run and then unbuckle the Raichles to ride the lift. Another thing you will need to add is a footbed. Stage 1 is a superfeet or similar footbed. Stage 2 is a custom footbed if those don't work for you.

The stiffness and flex are spot on for me (200lbs) and I like that there are 2 springs. One for healside and the other toeside. There has been some talk about them bottoming out but I have had good success with them as they are. I also haven't broken any buckles or tounges yet but all the talk got me worried so I picked some up from Dan Yoja who is great with customer service.

There are some mods that I made to them to make them more workable. I don't like the giant phillips head screws on the toe that screw into the plastic so I removed them and put in T-nuts in the boots and hex head cap screws in place of them. The other change is to add a Booster strap in place of the velcro strap that comes on the boots. Add the Thermoflex liner Superfeet insole and I have the most comfortable boot that I have ever ridden.

->Ben