Note to New Members ×

goltes boards upz boots?

snowboardfast

I woould have to say that i did not pay $500.00 for my UPZ boots when i got them, but who knows these days.

If you can stay in the boots all day you are very lucky. I really loved the boots but the fit killed me. Maby this year i will give them another chance.

They look so dam cool :biggthump:1luvu: :D

The problem with the Thermo is that i need the best performance out of my boots. With the thermo after one or two days there worked. My heels start lifting even with them moded. I have not given the UPZ a try with my conformables but that could work very well. I am going to try and get a used pair just to test.

The boards are OK but not great as far as I'm concerned. Rode the WC SL edition, not very turny and not so great dampening, but I'm used to my Tomahawks.

Tried the UPZ once but the Burton hardboots I ride normally I think are way better (other liner in it though). Rumor is that there will be new Burton hardboots in 2006! Not under the name Burton but the same and even improved boot. Better toebox, different tongue and little different material!

I wanted to upgrade from old, oversized Blax boots last year. I have wide, box ended feet and ALWAYS have trouble finding footwear that fits. I narrowed my search to Head and UPZ, and ultimately bought the UPZ. I really like the boots...great fit for wide feet. The only thing I did with them was to have a shop heat mold the stock liner and replace was the floppy stock footbed with $30 replacements. (Replacements were a good investment, but the arches on the ones I got are too high.) The 26M's fit perfectly at first (very snug, with no pinch points), but the stock liners packed out slightly after a dozen days and I had a little heel lift in my back foot by the end of the season. I can't wear my super-thin women's nylon-type socks any more, but I still do well in the standard thin ones. I'm reluctantly "considering" Thermo liners to regain fit and performance.

The shells are great; fairly stiff which is what I like. The 5-buckles are a great feature, too, though it seems they could be beefier when you compare them to what is used on ski boots. (No problems yet though, and they are way better that what I've seen on other snowboard boots.) I can feel the spring flex working well. The factory settings seemed to suit me, so I haven't messed with them. Huge improvement over what I had, and I'm very happy with them. (I'm 5' 6 1/2", 175-180#, and ride aggressively on a 178 Oxygen Proton with TD2 step-ins on eastern slopes.)