fin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forest.

I have ridden both the step-ins and standards in both the TD1's and the Catek Olympic Series. The one piece of advice that I would personally give is that if you are going to use one in back, you should use one in the front as well. Believe it or not, the step in interface is STIFFER than the standard interface. I dont know if I am the only one, but from a riding standpoint, I would actually preffer the STIFFER binding infront. sense this negates the advantage, I would reccomend using step ins, front and back whenever possible. You may save a little money, but you also loose a chunk of performance.

just my 2 cents!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RaceCarver

It the first of the year, and still no second board kits, or for that matter bindings:( It's getting a little old having to remove 14 bolts every time I want to use a different board:mad: Unless someone talks me out of it, I might just have to order a new Catek Olympic w/second board kits!!:eek:

There is a second board kit avaliable. I asked Michelle about it but I just didn't pull the trigger. I think it was $98 but I'm not too sure about that. Just send an email to Michelle and ask about it. When the new bindings are avaliable I think they will have the kits.

->Ben

Guest RaceCarver

My last post was out of frustration. I know that Fin is trying to get new bindings and second board kit ASAP. Its just that the TD2 works so well for my racing I want them on all my boards!!

RaceCarver,

No worries, understand your need for the TD2 2nd Board kit. We never thought the first batch woudl go so quick! However, we are very much on track with the second wave of TD2 and should be ready to go in less then two weeks. keep an eye on the site for this. And will also announce here on the forum.

Till then,

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Yea, we blasted through our stock of 3 Hole disks real fast this year. I am sure Burton handing out 98' carving decks for pennies on the dollar had something to do with it :rolleyes:

We will be making more 3 Hole disks but I will be honest, they will not be ready before the season is over. It takes up to 6 weeks for the entire process and that would be deep in the heart of Spring so there just is not enough time. Sorry.

I would recommend NOT modifying a 4 hole to work with a 3 hole. Very dangeous operation and might cause issues you do not want to deal with.

Sorry again for this situation guys, every year we get surprised as to tthe amount of sales we see for carving gear. Good news over all.

I just recv'd my TD2 Step-ins and I find the leash clip that I have on my boot for my TD1's is not interchangeable.. Is there a reason why you changed? The bitch of it was I did not find this out till I got on the slopes and had no leash to my board since I had th older clip on my boot and the other half was the new leash supplied to the binding. You should probably warn people of this in the instructions.

Sorry if this is a double post.. I tried search and found nothing.

AL

Golfer,

Sorry about that with the leash. We changed the supplier for the leashes this year and they used a different "clip" for the leash then previous ones.

It is hard to identify which leash goes with what so the safest thing to do is always just use both parts from the most recent leash and you should not have a problem.

Side tip: if you ever loose the small part end, breaks off, different boot etc, just take the long part, open the toe buckle on the boot, put the leash under the toe strap, re-clamp the buckle. Holds it in place and works to keep the board on you just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that there is no current stock of TD1 heel receivers. So, what's the difference between the TD2 and TD1 that does not make them interchangeable? I can probably machine and make the TD2 fit. Give me some feedback.

Originally posted by Wayne

I see that there is no current stock of TD1 heel receivers. So, what's the difference between the TD2 and TD1 that does not make them interchangeable? I can probably machine and make the TD2 fit. Give me some feedback.

Good idea .. I have a set of TD1s I can't use till next year because they are out of heel peices. Wayne, let me know if you are successfull in modifying a TD2 or hopefully Fin can tell us what exactly can be done to re-work a TD2.

Guest Randy S.

I saw that the Bishop bindings have a built-in holder for the 5mm hex wrench. Has anyone figured out a good way to attach a 5mm wrench to their board? It would be nice not to have to remember to put it in my pocket each morning (you never know which jacket you are going to wear). Needless to say, my mountain doesn't keep 5 mm wrenches on the tool racks they have all over the place.

Let me know if you have a great solution to this dilemna. Thanks.

Fin,

I looked up several and did not find what I need. I need a replacement heel receiver for the Bomber TD1 stepin. With other items made by different manufacturers, I am sure there are differences. If the TD1 and TD2 heel receiver has the same spread and bolt pattern for the Intec heel, then the only other differences are the base up to the pins and the hole pattern to bolt the receiver. If the bolt pattern is different, then I may be able to add additional holes to mount the TD2 receiver on a TD1 plate. That's what I was first asking.

Wayne,

Ooops, sorry about that, blew by your question and forgot to answer. In therory you could modify a TD2 receiver to work on a TD1 but the heights would be a bit off (not by much mind you). Also, you would need to make sure you create a 45 degree chamfer in the part with a 4mm spacing (center to center) and 50mm from side to side.

Or you could contact Michelle at michelle@bomberonline.com or call at 800-277-2037 and order a TD1 heel receiver as we do have a few in stock and it is just not on the site right now.

Originally posted by fin

Wayne,

Or you could contact Michelle at michelle@bomberonline.com or call at 800-277-2037 and order a TD1 heel receiver as we do have a few in stock and it is just not on the site right now.

Fin... did you get more in ?? I tried to order some justt recently and Michelle said no more till next year? Whats up?? I could really use 1 or 2 heel peices for a TD 1 step in.

I was measuring how much lift was in my TD2's and noticed that there was about 42mm of lift ,(measured in the middle of the boot),on the front binding, which has a 6* cant disk and only about 35mm of lift on the rear binding with a 3*cant disk. I would'nt think you can feel this, but would be intererested in comments. Also could the 0* disk be mounted on top of a 3* or6* disk for an additional 13mm of lift? BTW, I love myTD2's :)

Yes, there are some small "center" height differences on each of the 3 different cant disks. However, you do need to remember that your foot is not attached to your leg in the middle of the foot so the height of say your heels is a better indicator of where you end up. But no matter how you slice it as long as you have cant/lift, your heights will vary a small amount and cetainly not enough to make the set-up feel bad.

No, the cant disks cannot be stacked on top of each other. If you want to create more lift, the best way is to lift the Sole Blocks on top of the Base plates. Keeps everything nice and clean and lined up properly as well.