Note to New Members ×

Farmer Long Board

tex1230

After a summer of research, I have finally heard back from Farmer Snowboards about their new big board - (Listen up, Tanker riders)

still waiting on all the specs, but it's a 203cm limited edition priced @ $900.00

Don't know who is carrying this line, and I'm not sure if I'd pay $900 for a board from a new company, But I'd love to take one out for a ride...

I wonder if Shawn will include a rap mix tape with each board?

Farmer Snowboards are built in the USA by

Dykma manufacturing:

They are a known for the skateboards that they produce along with years of snowboard manufacturing. So, not really a "New" company. However , not inexpensive that is for sure!

What a great "Oldschool" Team.

I mean, when was the last time you heard something about "Rocket Reaves"

• 8 months later...
Farmer Snowboards are built in the USA by

Dykma manufacturing:

They are a known for the skateboards that they produce along with years of snowboard manufacturing. So, not really a "New" company. However , not inexpensive that is for sure!

What a great "Oldschool" Team.

I mean, when was the last time you heard something about "Rocket Reaves"

when was the last time you heard something about Jean Nerva ? http://www.dynastar.com/product.php?acturub=4&id_product=1630&id_dyn_target=&id_dyn_category=9&id_dyn_segment=85&pl_next=0 Our new big mountain freeride board will satisfy your thirst for powder, wide open spaces and freedom. Legendary former World Champion snowboarder, Jean Nerva put all his design experience into the construction of this truly exceptional board. With its revolutionary Autodrive shape, split tail, structured base and a Thermobag passage (equivalent to over 70 hot waxing operations), the Legend is the undisputed weapon of choice for big mountain riders..

post-123-141842218266_thumb.jpg

According to the website, it's a 174 with a 25.9 cm waist and a 9.6 m sidecut. What the hell is a Thermobag?

<table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#9daa8a" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="477"><tbody><tr align="center"><td class="txt">174</td> <td class="txt">

</td> <td class="txt">135</td> <td class="txt">30,7</td> <td class="txt">25,9</td> <td class="txt">31</td> <td class="txt">9,2</td></tr></tbody></table>

9.2m sidecut, even. thats pretty damn short.

if a board is brand new, how can it be "the weapon of choice?"

Farmer board sounds cool, as long as you ride somewhere there are NO trees. this big board thing is getting out of hand!

favorite freeride board was very close to those specs just wider

weapon of choice?

maybe to the people who developed it I guess, they have probably been riding that or very similar boards for the last year

• 1 year later...

I saw Farmer on Fuel TV a few months back - he was living in a basement in tahoe and months behind on rent...sad way to end up for such a great rider.

That company never really got off the ground, did it? I'd still like to try the longboard if anyone ever got one...

Dynastar doesnt make snowboards anymore, do they?

There was a Legend on Ebay this past winter that I barely missed. I wanted a "powder" board and I was going to replace my freeride board with the Legend (since I only ride my freeride board in crud/powder anyways). I've been looking for another ever since with zero luck. The Legend seemed like a nice alternative to the 4807 shapes but I found zero rider reviews on it doing google searching and such. Since my freeride board is a POS I pretty much knew it would be better than what I already had. I snoozed on it though and when I went back to the auction it had been removed so I think it was sold locally. I emailed the seller and never got a respone either.

when was the last time you heard something about Jean Nerva ? http://www.dynastar.com/product.php?acturub=4&id_product=1630&id_dyn_target=&id_dyn_category=9&id_dyn_segment=85&pl_next=0 Our new big mountain freeride board will satisfy your thirst for powder, wide open spaces and freedom. Legendary former World Champion snowboarder, Jean Nerva put all his design experience into the construction of this truly exceptional board. With its revolutionary Autodrive shape, split tail, structured base and a Thermobag passage (equivalent to over 70 hot waxing operations), the Legend is the undisputed weapon of choice for big mountain riders..

More photos/ close ups It is pretty light.

I built Farmer 2 or 3 203s. I don't know if he planned on having me do the production or someone else, but the specs on that particular board were:

Length: 203cm

Effective Edge: 173.6cm

Sidecut: 13.4m

Waist Width: 26cm

Shovel Width: 32.2cm

Tail Width: 30.9cm

It is still something that is available. I believe I saw one in that movie he did up in Alaska.

I built Farmer 2 or 3 203s. I don't know if he planned on having me do the production or someone else, but the specs on that particular board were:

Length: 203cm

Effective Edge: 173.6cm

Sidecut: 13.4m

Waist Width: 26cm

Shovel Width: 32.2cm

Tail Width: 30.9cm

It is still something that is available. I believe I saw one in that movie he did up in Alaska.

Cool Sean, did you do the graphics? What does this snowboard run ?

Couple photos of "The Farm" at Legends / Donner / 2006. Custom Sims DH board with graphite in the base material. His enthusiasm was super strong and like many of us, I think he is happiest while riding! Short video interview I did at the event. The snowboard is one of Palmer's (Who was being honored at the event)

post-198-141842233296_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842233298_thumb.jpg

Cool Sean, did you do the graphics? What does this snowboard run ?

Couple photos of "The Farm" at Legends / Donner / 2006. Custom Sims DH board with graphite in the base material. His enthusiasm was super strong and like many of us, I think he is happiest while riding! Short video interview I did at the event. The snowboard is one of Palmer's (Who was being honored at the event)

As the board is over 190cm, it hits the $730 price. The graphics he had me do on the last board were his cow print. He supplied a base, so it's not something I'm really able to duplicate nor am I authorized to do so. You can of course design your own and we can print that if you wanted something similar.