Note to New Members ×

Sasha

Hi everyone, what liner replacement brand you can recommend as a upgrade replacement for MS / D boot ? Preferably not wrap but more traditional with tongue perhaps , also need to be high enough as my original MS shell . Thanks in advance for sharing info with me 

What @Jack M said.

I rode Intuition Pro Tongue liners in UPZ boots for 3 or 4 seasons, and now ride Zipfit Gara-HV in MS B shells, the two liners are about the same height IIRC and similar form factor (laces over tongue). Finding that the Zipfits have a bit more volume in the upper portion of the tongue, so you may have to move the ladders or buckles on the cuffs. 

Got it . Well will continue to search further hopefully someone knows which model has ,, static stay inn boot liner ,, To keep doing that each time looks like a lot of headache . Unless you are doing Olympic. Perhaps I sound kind of naive. Thank you anyway 

I do not own Zips (yet) but my understanding is most folks put the liners on the foot first then step into the boot shell.  The above video mentioned @6:58 that you do not have to do so by removing the laces and leave the Zips in the shell.   Might lose some of the beneficial molding attributes by doing so, like heel hold and form impression fitting vs hard shell compression?

Mild temporary "headache" is worth the price of having comfy feet all day long. MS boots have a very narrow instep that makes it hard to slip feet with a high instep in easily, no matter the type of liner. I think it helps lock down the heel.

I found the "Zipfit method" made it easier and painless getting my feet in and out of the shells. Warming the boots in a heated bag (or in front of your car heater) helps and is recommended as it facilitates molding the cork while having the added bonus of helping maintain warm feet for the rest of the day. Maybe not a problem in Miami?

I've heard rumours, whispers, and myths that it may be possible to get your foot into a Zipfit liner that's already in the boot, but I've never been able to pull it off.  

But putting my foot into the liner, then using a boot horn between the liner and shell to get the liner into the shell is really straight-forward.  While it does seem like a bit more work, I find it's worth it.

Yes I hear that from the first video . Thats probably the best option- jusr remove the laces and leave it inside of the shell just like OEM part . Just wonder how come $1300 boot’s  liner is made to be replaced…. Kind of odd 

Does wrap liner also need to be taken in out when using with MS boot ?