Note to New Members ×

[Noob] WTB Used 162 SL Board | Deeluxe 700 Track / Mountain Slope Boots or similar

Marco IM

Hey everyone, just had a long conversation with a hard boot retailer about getting into hard booting and he said you all might have some old gear laying around (as you're hoarders, his words not mine 😂). I haven't seen too much in the classifieds section, but I'm looking for an intro setup, with the goal of learning enough to start SL and GS racing.

I'm 6'2'' 220lbs, mondo 29, located in SLC. I'm mostly looking for an old wood core 162 SL race board to get my feet wet. I'd also purchase bindings and size 28-29 boots if anyone has them. He recommended Deeluxe 700 Track boots, or Mountain Slope if I can find them.

Let me know, thanks all!

Welcome from me as well. At your height and weight, you'll probably want to go with either Bomber or SG bindings, F2s will likely be too flexible. 

Shameless plug alert; I have a set of SG bindings for sale that will fit your size boot, as long as the boots are UPZ or Deeluxe. Mountain Slopes boots need a lower heel bails than standard, something to be aware of if you go that route. I know there are people riding MS boots in Bombers, it may be that they're able to lower the heel bails since they're threaded, ask on the Carving Central board and you'll get an answer pretty quickly. 

6'2" and 220 on a 162?  I'd go longer, but I have several old race boards if you are interested.  If you pay for the shipping and make a donation to this website, you can have one for free.  I have a 157, 161 and 171 Elan Ballistics plus a 168 Volkl RT to choose from.  All are in great condition and will just need a tune.