Note to New Members ×

Hankin Evelyn: Will a Ski Area Without Lifts Transform the Sport?

Keenan

Neat concept!!! It sure would be fun to try. Transformative, to the ski industry? Probably not, as this sort of activity only pertains to a fraction of a percent of those who participate in skiing. 

Side note: I'm frequently searching the FBMP for ski boots for big 'ol feet. The amount of AT boots you see (given the number of AT skiers vs "normal") is kind of shocking. I'm guessing a lot of people want this (AT, backcountry, etc.) experience, then realize how difficult and time consuming it actually is. 

4 hours ago, MNSurfer said:

Neat concept!!! It sure would be fun to try. Transformative, to the ski industry? Probably not, as this sort of activity only pertains to a fraction of a percent of those who participate in skiing. 

Side note: I'm frequently searching the FBMP for ski boots for big 'ol feet. The amount of AT boots you see (given the number of AT skiers vs "normal") is kind of shocking. I'm guessing a lot of people want this (AT, backcountry, etc.) experience, then realize how difficult and time consuming it actually is. 

Just wait until they figure out e-skis!!!

• Haha 1