Note to New Members ×

Crotched Mtn

cbrkid1981

Wednesday morning I was treated with snow flurries while skinning up. The snow was still very soft. Luckily it stopped snowing before it warmed up later in the day. 

Today was the best day of the week so far. At 7 AM it was 15º at the top, sunny, and windy (25-30 MPH gusts) with an overnight dusting of snow. The groom was crisp and firm in the morning and made for good carving on Pluto's, Meteor, and Galaxy. I stayed around and rode the lift until 10 AM.  

Tomorrow should also be good. Forecast shows more snow on the way Saturday morning and then it turns to rain Saturday afternoon. 

Pluto’s was spectacular today. A little on the crispy side first thing but by 10:30 it was just right. Erik and I ripped it up good. At 1 PM it was still good but my tired little legs had enough. Gotta save some for tomorrow and Sunday. 

Snow on the way tonight and tomorrow morning. Only question is when it will turn to rain. Tomorrow morning should be good. We’ll see for Sunday.  

• Like 1

Awesome. You’re an animal. Just couldn’t do today. Literally can barely walk. Keep it up. Solid showing end of season. Already looking forward to seeing you and Erik tearing shi up next year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Since the season officially wrapped up on March 24th, I’ve been out half a dozen times on the splitboard. The snow that fell Thursday and Friday last week was still good Monday morning and I was able to find fresh lines.

Even today, parts of Plutos and Galaxy haven’t been touched yet. 

IMG_4020.jpeg.44ca1c1712b2ee0f57b0c7385b37b7fc.jpeg
IMG_4033.jpeg.ed5e305b36c3094e32ac36b13094ed26.jpegIMG_4038.jpeg.04316628e194c21c07f8929eb6a911cd.jpeg