Note to New Members ×

2023/24 gear info

svr2

see also Stranda snowboards.

6m is just dangerous unless geared towards light riders and sized small. marketing above suggests otherwise. won't be surprised when they get pulled from production just like the nidecker spectre. on the other hand, short/fat is a thing too. 9 or 10m focused on "race" "boardercross" "rip turns" etc. is a good place to start for most imo. a starting point/entry level is what these boards are geared towards. looks like the NS east is disco'd. another example came and went; we know the elephant in the room. how many times do we all get the same old questions? what board is that? where do you get that equipment, etc. etc.? It's an offering as a starting point to grow the interest of softboot carving, k carving, a carving, j carving, euro carving... and create sales. was it better when they hated us? for those that have one or two boards, i can see it as a good option to try out a focused discipline. for those of us that have two boards for every day of the week, probably not. i'd still demo one if wide enough. can't find specs on em yet.

1 hour ago, dhamann said:

.. 6m is just dangerous unless geared towards light riders and sized small. marketing above suggests otherwise. won't be surprised when they get pulled from production just like the nidecker spectre. on the other hand, short/fat is a thing too. 
....a starting point/entry level is what these boards are geared towards.
...i'd still demo one if wide enough. can't find specs on em yet.

I'd certainly try them, but I haven't had the chance yet.

My own Hometown Hero board's a 6.6 radius, but I'm light at 62Kgs and the board's small at 1.44m. But it rips at faster than resort safe speeds surprisingly well, and surprisingly better than previous generation small boards. it's obviously not a race board, but for resort speeds and everything from short to long radius turns, it's an absolute blast and way more fun than those locked-in "carving" boards of olden days.

Entry level? My own board is not holding me back and is a great replacement for my Kessler SL. I'd not underestimate the utility of this type of board just because they seem short. I've not ridden any of these above yet, so I don't know about them.

I like it better now carving is a thing again. I can buy decent boards which rip from ordinary snowboard shops once more.

• Like 3