Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Track Boot Shells Size Overlap?

barryj

Doesn't Deeluxe Track boot shells sizing overlap?    Meaning isn't the shell for a mondo 27 the same as a shell mondo 28...it's just the liner that's the difference in size......right?

My thinking is I'm currently a mondo 28, but thinking I might could go mondo 27 with a thinner liner to take up the 1/4 average heel lift I got.  

I imagine this size overlap really helps cut down production costs!  ...........anybody got the specs of what the produced shell sizes are??

16 minutes ago, BlueB said:

No. 27 and 27.5 are the same. 28 is 10mm longer shell. 

Yeah....that's what I was  hoping/thinking.   Since my 28 shells have heel lift,  going down to a 27.5 with a thinner liner might still fit and I'd loose the heel lift.....in theory!

I'm going to try some Intuition C and L pads to see if that will decrease my heel lift on my current Mondo 28 Intuition Power Wraps/ Mondo 28 425 Pros.......but I plan to buy new 425's (just shells hopefully) anyway.     

1 minute ago, BlueB said:

switch to UPZ,

Probably! ..... but going from Deeluxe to UPZ's there's a lot  to have to change to get them to work + additional boot upgrades (stiffer tongues and springs)  and then theres the boot ramp to  get use to!

I didn't/don't think my heel lift was significant  but my 425 shells are 5 or 6 seasons old and I average 100+ days a season on them ......so with the instep buckle popping open more frequently got me on this train...plus my wallet has an itchy trigger finger!    :eplus2:.   So new 425 shells, maybe down a size will do!

24 minutes ago, SunSurfer said:

I should have bought UPZ

Ha!    Maybe.........but I like my 425's, so getting newer and newer color way won't disappoint!

If I was to switch I'd go MS  but I got way to many boards that all have step-ins!......but I might switch  1 board  to standard bails if I found a once in a lifetime MS deal on a C shell!

On 1/6/2023 at 7:43 AM, SunSurfer said:

I'll be waiting for next season's BarryJ thread "I should have bought UPZ!"

Coming from Track 700, I just had my second day in my new UPZ RC11. Before the bootfitter had to widen the shell at the inner and outer ankle bones, which helped a bit. Now I have problems with the original liner, causing me pretty strong pain at the shin of the back leg.

In the meantime I had to switch back to my Track 700 with Palau liners. No pain anymore.

So I'm not yet convinced if "I should have bought UPZ!"