Note to New Members ×

Post Alpine Injured Question

barryj

Well I've been out 4 times so far this season and still struggling to get my mojo back......the first 3 times out I only lasted  4 runs and my legs and mind were toast!   Tonight I went out for night riding and there was hardly anybody there :ices_ange for the last hour and 1/2 I was there and I was able to last 6 runs.   I can get down the hill but it is Butt Ugly as I can't connect turns......I'm just  throwing my tail in and out of the turn instead of committing  to the turn.   I feel a little more confident and stronger mentally each outing but my riding feels like microscopic improvement at best!

Additionally I have ridden all 3 of my daily driver boards so far this season and they All are  tracking to the left whether I'm  getting off the lift or  starting or finishing a run!   It feels like I got to fight to keep the Damn board tracking straight!     I haven't changed anything on my boards, boots or bindings and No, my doctors and chiropractors haven't told me my body or feet are supinating to the left!    

......and No!  I'm not constantly looking over my left shoulder out of fear for the next out of control skier to take me out.....   Ok,  maybe a little, but less each time out!

Anybody else had any of these post collision/concussion after effects??

Edited by barryj

• barryj changed the title to Post Alpine Injured Question

Tell me about it. Last week at Nord Star was absolute nightmare.  3 open runs merged into one. Now you finally realize how many idiots are on the slopes. I am pretty much yelling “You fu….g As….e” all the time. But it is just sample of human population and most scary is, it is probably that better half.

10 hours ago, barryj said:

the first 3 times out I only lasted  4 runs and my legs and mind were toast!

Sounds like you are fighting the board.  Similar issue last year after Covid layoff. Went back to:

on an easy slope until the muscle memory kicked back in.

Edited by Chouinard
Link

3 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

Season ending shoulder rotator cuff tear

Aw Man!   So sorry to hear that Scully.    ....but been there, done that also!

It's a long road back strength and mobility wise.  I'm 2 years out from my surgery and full PT and just now getting back 90%  of normal movement and just now back up to benching, decline and squatting 135lbs....which is what I used to warm up with!   Which the Dr. said my shoulder would  never be able  to handle again because he could only repair one band as I had 2 that were unrepairable because I kept putting off the surgery.  

On a more positive note, I was back out on the hill (a few times)  4-6 weeks after surgery!  Just cruising mind you with my arm in a sling.....but It Felt Great and was a  positive ending to a bummer season!

Hang in there!

ps....you should post your situation in the original "Alpine Injured List" to update everybody......      I started this topic about post concussion recovery and not as many will see your situation if only here imo.   

• Like 1