Note to New Members ×

Best ways to mount AT boots to solid board?

Cthulhufish

As the title says, how do you mount AT boots to solid boards? I'm looking to ride solid boards with my Atomic Backlands. I have Phantom M6 bindings and solid board cleats for them, but transferring the bindings between my split and solid boards is a pain, requiring finicky tension adjustment of the bindings each time. Can AT boots be used with regular plate bindings? I have a pair of F2 Titaniums for my alpine board, but the heel bail seems like it's a bit too tall for the welt on my backlands. Also, I imagine a more flexible plate binding would probably be better suited to AT boots.

I use standard F2 Ti bindings with my Backlands and haven't found a problem over a few seasons now, although I note the OP's experience is different. I'm not sure why that would be, but there it is: perhaps different Backlands are slightly different, or maybe it's the size (I have 27.0 Backland Carbons plus the smaller of the F2 bindings). A shim would be possible, but may be risky.

Two pairs of Phantoms is one obvious solution I suppose.

I currently use the F2 Mindbenders and have used other AT and ski boots on TD2/3, F2, Blax, Proflex, Snowpro and Burton bindings. 

F2s do have a solid stopper on the rear bails, which ends up being a bit too tall for ski boots. However, with some extra tension, the bail bends a bit down and all is good. 

• 2 months later...