Note to New Members ×

First day of season/ health update.

Ladia

Boreal opens on Friday, the weather looked very nice so I decided to go on Saturday, but wether rather changed. I try first run between two lifts, just bunny slopes nothing else was open. And it was absolutely horrible. I found I have no depth vision what so ever, everything was one grey mess, I don’t know where is down up just nothing. After five falls I took board off and walk down. Sit in the car and drove 3 hours home. My vision has improved after 3rd eye surgeries, but it will never be anything close to  normal. I will be able somehow to ride in perfect visibility only. Big disappointment but reality. On more positive note, my doctor will pleased with last cancer check up. Since my last update I went this year thru BDG treatment, pretty much treatment by diluted tuberculosis bacteria, 5th bladder surgery, chemo regime and currently I am on chemo once per month for one year. Next check up in February. So I would appreciate some sunny days on slope. Please cross your fingers and have a nice season.

DA99D0B3-6F0E-4B65-A5DF-1230834B70DC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ladia said:

everything was one grey mess, I don’t know where is down up just nothing

Hey Ladia

Your not the only one to experience that...I've had days like that....especially at Boreal!  I thought about going up Sat. but the forecast was calling for snow showers which creates a whiteout experience at Boreal especially because of the wind through the pass.  I usually wait until 3-4pm and then go up right before they turn on the lights.  With the  lighted runs it's a huge difference.... and a hell of a lot more fun....and typically the afternoon/evening is less crowded!

Sorry you had a bummer 1st day but there's better days ahead! 

• 2 weeks later...

I did several more days. The quality of the light is one of the biggest problems. Sunny days are ok but even slightly  overcast sky and I am pretty much blind everything blends in one white mass. Yesterday at Kirkwood I even did not bother get on slope. I did one adjustment to my stand. I UN zepparate thoze kneezzz and it felt much better. Every day is still challenge. 

• Like 1

Hey Ladia

Glad to hear your still at it!  I've only been out twice so far but that will change next week with the big dump coming starting next Thurs.  with snow in the forecast for 7 days straight!   

I'll be at Boreal Thurs. night.   Up there it should be between 1-2 ft. deep by the time I get there around 5pm!   Hope to meet up again on the slopes!