Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Visit March 3rd-5th 2023

slopestar

Katie and I will be flying back to Bishop from Colorado to ride. Katie is doing a 3 day women's clinic with one of our friends who is a level 3 instructor at Mammoth. Why? (she rides with The Legendary LCI most weekends) To support a good friend and to visit family in Lone Pine and our LA/Mammoth friends. Im sure i will do at lease Saturday or Sunday at June. Anyone planning months in advance? Probably just my wife...She rips so its all good!

• 2 months later...

Hi Slopestar,

is the instructor giving hard boots classes in Mammoth all season? If so, could I get a contact address?

i may go there in the coming months, not sure of the dates yet. 

I badly need some heavy inputs on my position and ride. I’m a beginner with 20 years riding hard boots (once every 10-15 years…).

Blue sky

Regards.

23 hours ago, Frenchy_in_SD said:

Hi Slopestar,

is the instructor giving hard boots classes in Mammoth all season? If so, could I get a contact address?

i may go there in the coming months, not sure of the dates yet. 

I badly need some heavy inputs on my position and ride. I’m a beginner with 20 years riding hard boots (once every 10-15 years…).

Blue sky

Regards.

No. NIkki Klein is our friend and a great instructor, rider and person. Sadly,  AASI/CASI hardboots is Level 4 i believe. Or not at all anymore because Duck Stance on rockered boards is the way of the world... nothing better than slarving and calling it a carve. If we are there, Ill be on softies but happy to help.

• 1 month later...

Looks like my wife and I should be in June for the weekend! Will be great to ride with you again! 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:50 AM, slopestar said:

Katie and I will be flying back to Bishop from Colorado to ride. Katie is doing a 3 day women's clinic with one of our friends who is a level 3 instructor at Mammoth. Why? (she rides with The Legendary LCI most weekends) To support a good friend and to visit family in Lone Pine and our LA/Mammoth friends. Im sure i will do at lease Saturday or Sunday at June. Anyone planning months in advance? Probably just my wife...She rips so its all good!

On 2/22/2023 at 9:47 AM, pow4ever said:

thread jack:

plan to be Palisade/Mammoth April 18 - 25
At the time it seems like a good idea.  What's the expected condition like?  likely spring slush?  carving to be had at that magical few hours?

Hey jacker,  In 2019 Mammoth still had a couple lifts running in early July.  This season, the base snowpack is already 2 ft deeper (0.6m) than the max depth that season, 190" vs 165".  Plan accordingly, eh.

On average, Mammoth snowfall in March is 129cm, and April 66cm.  What the temps and surface will be like, who can say, but we're currently seeing blizzard conditions and big snowfall.  So it's def a good year to roll the dice on an April visit.

Source: https://www.onthesnow.com/california/mammoth-mountain-ski-area/historical-snowfall

Edited by Eastsiiiide
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Unfortunately due to weather we had to change plans for this weekend, we plan to be out there next weekend and the weekend of the 25th

No wrong answers this season, it's insane out there. I went up on Thursday and they hadn't even dug out the parking lot yet ;(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...