Note to New Members ×

What a great place this is: Bomber is awesome

jkallinen

Found this site by searching google last fall and decided it was time let my my old boards that have hung on the wall in my closet for the last 8 years with no use go. Posted on the classified forums and within a couple days sold my old Crazy B Carve 160 and Barfoot 166 to someone who only lived about 15 miles away. could never find a good deal on hardboots so they just sat. What a small world. He was going to hang them on his wall.

Decided, that my custom made snowboard hangers in my closet were going to go to waste and sit empty. kept my eye on the classified for a couple months and finally decided it was time to buy some hardboots since this is about the only place I have ever run across that sells used ones reasonable. Then about 2 weeks later I saw a deal on a Burton Wire with race plates I just had to have. Ya know, being a newbie getting back into boarding I needed something more all around. These guys that sold me the boots and board were great to deal with. I want to say thanks to them and everyone here for helping get me back into the sport. Its going to to be a long summer waiting to try them out. In the mean time, I`ll just have to ride my skateboard and wait till I go on vacation to pick up my new skateboard.

100_1395a.jpg

Originally posted by slopetool

Dude, you are set up good with that board. Stay busy this Summer and you'll be thinking less of the snow. A good pair of binoculars and a case of beer will make time go by fast. Its a fun habit. good luck with what works for you

Thanks, my job keeps more then busy, probably to busy. And then there is the wife and 8 year old son. Case of beer always helps though.:D Was out tonight riding the skateboard chasing my son around on his roller blades. No problems keeping my mind off the snow right now. ;)

I'd almost forgotten I had a pair of Krypton's sitting in my closet until I was looking for something a couple of weeks ago and there they were! I've had 'em on ebay, but nobody picked them up. Looking at that picture gives me an idea for next season so maybe it's a good thing they didn't sell. I can still remember the first time I ever saw a "wire". This guy in his mid 50's goes blowin' past me like I'm standing still down the mountain one day and when I finally catch up to him he tells me that this is his "slow" board and he was just out "relaxing" today! Come to find out later he's an Alpine coach up in the Mt. Shasta area :eek: Bomber is great though, I gotta agree. Lots of good people here and a hell of alotta fun most of the time. Gonna miss it for the summer........ *sniff, sniff*

Have fun,

Paul

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

That will be perfect for getting into alpine. One suggestion - if you feel uncomfortable with that stance, try putting the cant wedge under the front foot, so it slopes towards the back foot. Always experiment.

Thanks, I`ll keep that in mind when I finally get to try it out. Right now dry testing it it felt pretty good this way. But I won`t really know till I can feel it in action.

This is the setting that it was shipped to me in. Pretty cool that the bindings were all preset even to the proper boot size. So the person I bought it from must wear the the same size mondo boot to. ;) He told me he sets all his boards up with this stance. I`ll give it try first since I have know idea how it should be for a newbie like me.

While waiting another 8 months for snow though, I will be out riding my skateboard more then I have in many years. I just hope it holds up till June when I pick up my new board. This old timer is 26 years old. The old Kryptonic 70mm 78a wheels are around 60mm now. And the old ACS truck bushings are pretty shot. :D

Originally posted by PeterC

if you come to my backyard !!!...Glad to see the boots found a good home!

Thanks Pete, I wish. Between work and taking my son back and fourth to school it would be tough to get away. Only 4.5 weeks left of school, thank god.

Gotta say this though, those boots are incredibly comfortable. Never had any snowboard boot soft or hard feel this good. :D