Note to New Members ×

ID this old Burton?

Eastsiiiide

Hard to search this one to learn more about it, as the only distinguishing feature is the number "6".

Okay there's also a serial number, but I'm guessing that's not useful for search function. 

Is it an interesting board? Worth adding to the quiver for cheap?  I'd like to have a rock board/spare for friends who want to try hardbooting.

Thanks!!

PXL_20220314_232527849 (1).jpg

PXL_20220314_232531464 (2).jpg

Yup, Amp 6, I owned this one. The Amp 5 (150cm) was the first real snowboard I ever purchased, with three-strap Torque bindings, and I gave up a years’ worth of allowance as a 1992 Christmas present if I remember correctly. 🙂  A couple years later I traded up to this Amp 6 (160) and I think it’s the ‘94 year? I believe my mom has a picture somewhere of me hucking it off the roof of our house after a snowstorm.

It was pretty noodle-y (foam core, I think? EDIT I see it says wood core, I may be thinking about the first one I had) and not a particularly good board by then-current standards, let alone today. I couldn’t afford an Alp as a kid. But unless you’re looking for a museum piece there are far better cheap boards to find. 

Edited by ShortcutToMoncton
  • Thanks 1

Haha awesome! You’ve taken me down the memory lane of pouring over Burton catalogs. Our local instructor had that ‘95 Jeff Brushie with the stripes and he was a god amongst boys!! Brushie always had great graphics. 

Funny how memories change. Looks like my first board was a ’93 M5.0. My second was the ’95 Amp 6, which is the one this fine gentleman is asking about. 

I will maintain my position that the Amp 6 is a real mediocre POS by any metric except nostalgia. Hahaha!