Note to New Members ×

PSA, get the X-rays

bobdea

So, many years ago I smacked my head, after that injury I had trouble “getting it back” balance, shakey legs and generally getting my lower body to do what I wanted it to. I had chalked it up to age,  inner ear stuff and fear. Doctor concurred.

I had some constant sciatica type stuff that I’ve had for well over a decade now but suddenly over the last two years has worsened. 
Turns out, I had crushed a couple vertebrae that went relatively unnoticed vs the migraine and some upper body bruising when I smacked my head…  I’d basically just tried to ignore that my feet would often do a pins and needles thing and a variety of other fun things. Figured it was circulation stuff and being less in shape than I once was or whatever. 
well, now, many years later I get imaging and here I am. Had I of 1, sought out better care other than a visit the next day not mentioning all the stuff I was feeling and 2, later when a doctor asked about how I recovered actually told them of my issues I would of been able to access treatment then and would have less of a mess now. 
likely, had I of said my legs felt weird they’d of taken X-rays then. In my defense, I really did think it was that I got my bell rung. With the nature of the falls we take snowboarding, skiing and skating pretty horrific back injuries that go undiagnosed are fairly common after talking with a surgeon because we figure we are just sore and focus on the broken arm or concussion. 
anyway, don’t be a dumbass like me you guys. I’ve never been able to ride the same since, just ask for an X-ray if your back is tender after a fall. 

• Like 1

Slipped on the ice, snow covered, and went down like a tub of shit!  Wacked my head as I hit the ground.  Luckily had my helmet on.  All that wear and tear, and being from the “ just walk it off” school, definitely adds up as we get older!