Note to New Members ×

Back Yard resort report

JRAZZ

Mixed report for today.

On the upside the commute/traffic was non-existent and the runs empty but they are pretty short and the uplift takes FOREVER. Oh, they also allow dogs on the slopes so you have to be careful to avoid them... Very very cheap to ride and the food is very homely. I was the only rider to show up for this 2' pow day. I had fresh refills all day but it was very cold and windy. The manager is very nice but there were two very needy younger employees that might get their allowances cut if they don't shovel the driveway and groom the slope!

So overall this place is pretty neat. I think I'll come back (not that I have a choice). The real bummer is that the season is very short and I hear that it might even end in a couple of days 😞  Still, I understand the MTB scene here is dope!

Pictured is the patio of the lodge looking at the western glade which has been thinned out considerably in the past year by a local dweller.

Also picture is said dweller messing up the slope by creating holes and land mines that are to be avoided at all costs!

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG.42ece35e30ec2dc219b6c4656ce3a5d3.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...