Note to New Members ×

WTB: soft RED UPZ TONGUES size SMALL   MP23-26

rjnakata

WTB: soft red UPZ TONGUES size SMALL   MP23-26

I'm trying to soften my kid's UPZ's to get more flex!

Do you have ANY (NON-SWINGING OR SWINGING) tongues available?

Thank you!

RJNakata (art) aol (dart) com

UPZ tongues red.jpg

Edited by rjnakata
added a visual

• 5 weeks later...
  • rjnakata changed the title to Got them! : soft RED UPZ TONGUES size SMALL   MP23-26
  • 10 months later...
  • rjnakata changed the title to WTB: soft RED UPZ TONGUES size SMALL   MP23-26
5 hours ago, lafcadio said:

Hey @rjnakata, I'm also looking to soften up my UPZ RC10 boots. I'm curious how the softer tongues worked out. Did the softer tongues help? 

I'm still looking for another pair of RED SOFT size small.

The ones I got are like rubber when compared to the black and they did soften things up (that and the DGSS springs).  There is another thread expressing concern that they are too soft and therefor can't protect the ankles.

10 hours ago, rjnakata said:

There is another thread expressing concern that they are too soft and therefor can't protect the ankles.

Keep in mind that tastes vary wildly on this site and in the wild. There are some that want very low restriction to ankle movement, some that want the boot cuff to support their entire weight without using their calf muscles, and everything between. Only you can determine where you are on that scale. 

The red UPZ tongues are very squishy. They're softer than the average Tupperware lid, for example. You can grab the top corner and almost fold it with finger pressure. The boot cuff and spring are now primarily responsible for controlling forward flex, but they do keep snow out of the shell. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...