Note to New Members ×

River Surfing

slopestar

Just got a wave storm soft top quad for river surfing In and around the Denver Metro and surrounding areas. I have river surfed a handful of times on conventional short boards and sups and hope to get a dedicated board made sometime soon but the Costco special is ideal for getting used to riding a standing wave at a low cost and they take a beating. 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 1

My last trip to Orange County (August), I was shocked at how many WaveStorms were in the lineup. And people were riding them really well! This was my first trip to Cali in several years. I paddled-out pre-dawn, and by the time I could make people out, I saw a half dozen Storms. I thought, When did Sunset go to the kooks? Then these guys were just ripping. So yeah, the boards can take a hit, but depending on the user, they can be fun.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I see wavestorms in the lineup all of the time, and more often than not: competently ridden by capable surfers. I don't have one but my understanding is that one thing people like about them is that the floaty/flexy nose is pretty forgiving if you are used to riding a shortboard and perling is an issue for you on a longboard. I want to get one just so that I can have a longboard that I don't need to worry about banging up.