Note to New Members ×

Bindings for small feet?

AcousticBoarder

Especially for you UPZ users out there with small feet, what have you found works best for them while retaining adjustability and durability? I'd like the option of step ins too, are there any that use standard intec/ fintec heels that work with small boots? 

I really like the TD3s, but I'm basically at minimum settings, and no chance of ever using step ins. Price is a bit high too... 

How small can catek OS2 short go to? How about step in version? 

I have heard that the F2 bindings have a small, medium, and large. Is it true small and large are the same thing with something adjusted? I wish they had some finer cant/lift adjustments though. Thoughts? Are step ins possible? 

Is there something else out there worth looking at? 

What size are your boots? I have a pair of F2 Race Titanium standards - medium you can try if it ever stops dumping. I have been using them for many years with 25 mondo UPZs. My wife rode 22.5 mondo boots in the F2s as well. I think that the different F2 sizes have different plate lengths.

I really like the flex, the weight, and the lower stack height of the F2s and find the cant/lift options just fine once you figure out how to use double stacks of cants for finer lift adjustment.

Yes, there is a step in version. It is a bit stiffer than the standard bail version but still softer than TDs and especially Cateks.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, Buell said:

What size are your boots? I have a pair of F2 Race Titanium standards - medium you can try if it ever stops dumping. I have been using them for many years with 25 mondo UPZs. My wife rode 22.5 mondo boots in the F2s as well. I think that the different F2 sizes have different plate lengths.

I really like the flex, the weight, and the lower stack height of the F2s and find the cant/lift options just fine once you figure out how to use double stacks of cants for finer lift adjustment.

Yes, there is a step in version. It is a bit stiffer than the standard bail version but still softer than TDs and especially Cateks.

I'm a 25 as well, I would love to try some f2s at some point, so I will take you up on that next time I am around!

I am also just curious though in general, and if my gf gets to trying Hardboots some day she is a 23 I believe, so anything I have won't work for her

19 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

I'm a 25 as well, I would love to try some f2s at some point, so I will take you up on that next time I am around!

I am also just curious though in general, and if my gf gets to trying Hardboots some day she is a 23 I believe, so anything I have won't work for her

Just give me a heads up when you be here and I'll bring them with me. I'll certainly be ready for some groomers if it ever stops snowing!

If you can do without step-in compatibility in the short term, and your stance width is mostly sorted, I'd go with the Catek WC. If you really need step-ins for this phase of research, go with the OS1.

Best being somewhat dependent on immediate goals. Those being (if I recall correctly)  boot offset and finer tuning of cant and lift.

Assuming hand tools, the WC is probably the fastest/easiest for on-hill offset adjustment. (Nothing to strip, no fasteners to lose).

Thanks! I am just looking around for info as I am getting a board from Bruce soon and considering branching out in bindings for it. Turns out though I won a set of TD3s at MCC so looks like I won't be needing another pair of bindings now! I'm still curious though and would love to try a couple others at some point, especially that allow me to center my boots properly.