Note to New Members ×

Ideas for heel lift disc for softboots?

daveo

Wanting to create or buy a heel lifting wedge or cant disc thing for my softboot on my rear heel.

I like to have my rear leg bent a bit more than the front but want to keep the forward lean similar on both highbacks on the nx2-gt since the driver x are pretty stiff (and have stiff palau liners as well) and not really comfortable with something forcefully bending it a little more forward.

So I'm thinking a heel lift wedge under the binding is a good idea. I'm just not sure how to do it.

So far I was thinking:

1. Add a wedge of high density EVA on top of the binding footbed and somehow fix it on there with some sort of glue or something. Would probably need to order a second binding footbed in case I want to switch back to no lift.

2. Some sort of wedge between the binding and the board (or in my case, gecko frees).

2i. I'm only aware of the older Burton cant discs that were sold. 7 degree and that adjustable round and fat one?

2ii. 3D printing might work but don't know how to get inserts inside the wedge and then would need insert extensions. Both are outside my capability. Possible to create opposing angle wedges between the bolts and centre binding disc to make the bolt enter the insert perpendicularly but that seems awful fiddly.

3. Any other ideas?

One solution is to buy a plastic cutting board from a 99 cent store or other heavy discount place like Big Lots and then use a table saw to trim it down to size, then slice an angle into the base.  If you're really precise, you can get two lift wedges out of it to play with.

3D printing sounds really expensive, but the only option if you don't have a table saw.

• Like 1