Note to New Members ×

As you get better does it tear you up physically more?

1xsculler

On 3/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, Buell said:

Warm Springs is the best carving run I have seen. Thanks for showing it to us years ago Carvedog! Sounds like all the replacement parts are doing well!

1xsculler, as the responses in this thread show, the answer to your question varies.

In general, on days I made a noticeable improvement in my riding, it was physically more demanding and I could ride for a shorter time that day. As that improvement sunk in over the next carving days, it required less effort to carve at the new level and the physical requirements became easier.

Improvements aside, some days you want to hammer and some days you want to cruise, many days are in between. There is hours of difference in how long I can last between riding hard and cruising. Even beyond that, some days require more effort (fast snow or chopped snow) than others (slightly slower hero groom).

Hi Buell. Yes everything is working very well. The new knee is sometimes a bit sore the next day after going really hard but any kind of normal riding and there are no issues. Hip seems rock solid. Rebecca was so nice to help me clip my bindings as I couldn't actually do it. I won't forget that. Please come visit again. 

On 3/31/2018 at 7:14 AM, softbootsurfer said:

Relax...easy to say, but harder to do...doing thousands of Carves has kept me young and moving forward, both mentally and physically :ph34r:

Amen to that brother. Carving is the pinnacle of expression of joy in this life for me. Art, motion, physicality and creativity all come together in one sweeping curve after another. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, carvedog said:

Carving is the pinnacle of expression of joy in this life for me. Art, motion, physicality and creativity all come together in one sweeping curve after another. 

signature worthy quote right there:biggthump

but I can't find where to change it?