Note to New Members ×

Another ski choice

digger jr

Any suggestions for skis that are capable carvers, and decent all mountain also? Something for tweener days.

Thinking in the 160cm to 170cm long range and 2 or 3 years old maybe so I can get them inexpensively.

I get 4 free days at Deer Valley and 2 free days at Alta with my season pass and believe it or not 

they won’t let me ride my mono boards there!????

Thanks,Ron

https://www.skimag.com/gear/head-supershape-ititan-2017

demoed a pair of (the blue ones) last season @ Buttermilk and had fun railing twin tracks on the groomers.  I was looking to buy a pair this past fall at a local ski swap but none were to be had.  Tried another brand which has a cut out in the tip, but that model did not compare to the Heads.  

Agree with your reasoning as you have to take advantage of the offer.

Edited by Pat Donnelly
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 1:41 PM, digger jr said:

Any suggestions for skis that are capable carvers, and decent all mountain also? Something for tweener days.

Thinking in the 160cm to 170cm long range and 2 or 3 years old maybe so I can get them inexpensively.

I get 4 free days at Deer Valley and 2 free days at Alta with my season pass and believe it or not 

they won’t let me ride my mono boards there!????

Thanks,Ron

Monoboards/monoskis are allowed at both

1 hour ago, monodude said:

Monoboards/monoskis are allowed at both

I like your thinking Don. Never tried one. Could an old man learn and maybe not kill himself. Where would I look for a reasonably priced one. What ones are good for newbie monoskier? Hope you are feeling better.