Note to New Members ×

got my coiler. woohoo!

D-Sub

So...coiler is here. FINALLY!

Im waiting to ride it as I am considering having a clearcoat applied to the topsheet. It was shipped to me with what appears to be no real finish on the topsheet. Other coilers Ive seen had a gloss to them, this one is "flat"

anyone see any reason to go that little extra? will it affect the flex? can I truly make it more durable?

waitin to hear from bruce, too, but wanted to see what others had to say

(thanks much to joel, doug, and bruce for facilitating getting this to me!)

well...got on the list in MARCH last year, BUT...didnt actually PLACE the exact order until mid december...so...technically only two months from actual order to delivery, which is pretty damn reasonable imo!

had I actually said "this is the board I want" without all the questions and hedging on my part, I think Id have had it at the beginning of this season or so.

Hi D-Sub,

Rob Cox (ARCrider) here in Ontario rides a 172AM with the orange flame "flat" topsheet. I remember asking him about it and he didn't mention any change in the ride itself. He also said that it allowed for you to write things on the topsheet with a sharpie. Send him a note and maybe he can provide some more insight.

-Gord

oh come on homey its not THAT bad

wait...Ive done that before. The funniest part is that TWO people told me "dont forget theres a protective sticker on the topsheet"

funnier than that even is that after tearing it off Im kinda "well...maybe it woulda been better to leave it"

:)

I think Ill go take a nap.

you comin back down any time soon?

ROTFLMAO!

I'm definitely gonna give you **** since I am about your size :) I was only surprised at how many people posted before someomne asked "didya remember to pull the plastic off?"

Please do post a pic of your new baby, I wanna see what a blue tribal looks like ;)

Originally posted by Gtanner

Opps, my bad. Ok well some people leave the protective sheet on...there have I redeemed myself?

-Gord

yup, youre redeemed.

Im not, of course.

Mike...about my size? I seem to remember lookin at the top of your head a little bit;)

Dave, you got one of the nicest topsheets, and according to that post on the classifieds, it's really rare! Take good care of it, and we are all waiting with bated breath for a full ride report as soon as you have a chance to go ride. Hell, take all 4 boards and give us the full monty - well this is like that, and them are like these......