Note to New Members ×

ISO Catek OS2 bindings

Fragile

• 9 months later...

I have a set of OS2 long plates with standard elastomers. that I'm planning to put up in the For-Sale forum for $175 plus shipping (PayPal friend/gift payment).  But you can claim dibs before I list them if you're interested.  They have typical scuffs and scratches, not new but not heavily worn either.  Here's a photo:

P1040634a.jpg

Some questions because I’m not advise familiar with the Cateks. 

Long plates are the size right? What size range of boots does it fit?

i know you said it comes with the standard Elastomers but can I upgrade them to the others at a later date or does this only work with the standard ones?

very interested. Thanks for replying and look forward to hearing back. 

I don't know the size range of OS2 long versus short plates, but I'll set them up for my Raichle 26.5 boots to see where those fall in the adjustment range.  I'll let you know soon.  As far as the Elastomers, you can use either with these bindings.  For the thicker D3 (or are they D2?), you should use slightly longer mounting screws though.  But you can't buy parts from Catek so you'd have to find the elastomers on the used market.

OK, I set up a binding for a Raichle SB series boot with a Mondo 26 shell.  In the second photo below, I circled the screw holes that are in use, and also show the hole spacing that I measured:  2cm for three-hole spacing, or 0.67 cm spacing per hole.  You can see that on the small end, you could reduce the length by 4cm total, for a boot size around Mondo 22 (a Mondo size step is 1cm).  On the long side you can add about 5.3cm, or a Mondo 31.  Different boots have slightly different sole lengths, but Mondo 22-31 should be fairly close to range of boots that the bindings can handle.  I think UPZ boots have a little shorter soles for any given boot size, so maybe 21.5-30.5 for UPZ?

P1040648a.jpg

Image1.jpg

Shipping to zip 22554 at Stafford, VA comes up at $11.95 for Priority mail, so I'd be looking for $186.95.  But there is a small catch.  I'm about to head to upstate New York for Christmas week and can't ship today.  I can take the bindings with me and ship from there, and should be able to ship on December 26.  They would ship from north of Albany.  If that's OK, please PM me through the forum or email me directly at T3418T at HOTMAIL (.COM) so that I can get your address and also give you my email for PayPal.   Thanks!

Edited by Wolf

If possible, please let me know ASAP what you have planned as I'd rather not lug the bindings on my trip if this is a no-go.  Just one more little box to get misplaced in all the loading and unloading of the car - we're hauling a lot of gifts and such.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...