Note to New Members ×

Euro-carving is back, apparently

Neil Gendzwill

16 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Should be obvious that the point of the article is mockery.

That is probably how it was intended and how the rest of the population would interpret it.  But here... on this forum and in this community? Quite a different reaction!  The whole thing (article and comments on it) is actually pretty funny and entertaining. 

The video at the bottom of the article is crap.

The author says he was at Bokwang for the previous two weeks.

That means he was there for the PGS World Cup event Feb 12th. (explaining the abundance of hardboots)

He then uses a 2013 video at the bottom of the article.

A quick search finds these

Edited by loopback
embedded links

+1 on it being mockery.  The jab about powder sends that home.   However, the irony is....that he accidentally hit on something there though I'm sure he has absolutely no idea.

We just got 17 inches of pow over two days. headed up to my local hill and tried to carve some groomers....but they were just too soft.  Was complaining that i was going to have to switch to a board out of the Dupraz quiver and spend the day off piste.   My boy was staring at me, mouth agape,  and told me he was worried that I had gone insane.  But...I realized.....once i finally got where I could connect some good carves....i am enjoying it so much, I am now complaining about pow days!!!  

Irony indeed.  Think of that.  Snowboarding so interesting and fun that I was wishing for less pow :)  His mockery has accidentally hit a real note :)

there's an old quote from  a long time member

"any old cat can make cord, only god can make powder."

sooo many more hero groomer days than good pow days, you better grab the manna when it falls

ps- don't need to change boots to keep 2 boards in the rack. :eek::eplus2::1luvu::cool::biggthump

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 2