Note to New Members ×

Yesterday I was riding powder and chopped up crud for a couple hours, then a rather mild, but kind of "sharp" pain seemed to just, "develop" on one of my runs. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my groin on my back leg. Its pretty mild. I did have a couple good falls and abrupt stops earlier in the day, but I didn't feel anything at at those times. When I felt it I was just riding along, turning in some powder, then I felt the pain. I didn't do anything abrupt or sudden at the time when the pain started to show up.I rested it today, but its snowing out now, so would like to go up tomorrow. Think I will, and will take it easy to try and make sure I don't make it worse. Anyone else out there get a groin pull when riding pow? How was your recovery? Did you do any rehap excersizes or phys therapy to help recovery? Happy riding.

never had a groin pull on board but had when I skied hard and got a leg yanked. When I ride pow & crud really hard it's usually my back calf that gets strained. Abrupt/emergency moves or falls (or getting up after) in heavy snow can certainly strain or pull something you don't notice til later, after exacerbating it.

I always tell my self, usually after I get tired, it wouldn't be so bad if I'd stretch before riding hard:smashfrea

Stretching first...good point b0ardski. I did have a fall where I ended up with my butt really deep (almost in a shallow tree well) where it was a bit of a struggle to get out. That might have been the point of origin for the injury. Perhaps I hurt it there and the pain manifest later when I got more fatigued.

4 hours ago, philw said:

People do pull their groins. And they get better. But I'm no expert. It's easy I think to excerpt large forces at slow speeds if you get things wrong. Ibuprofen?

Ibuprofen and rest has done wonders.

49 minutes ago, ursle said:

The first day in hardbooots, first run, took a little bump as a jump, pain in my groin, now an inguinal hernia

Wow, a hernia! Did the pain grow and get progressively worse? Did you keep riding with the pain, and then it developed into an inguinal hernia? Hope you are making strides toward recovery ursle. Will it require surgery, or will you be able to avoid that course of action? Get well soon.

When I ride choppy stuff its always my front leg behind the knee on the little toe side that hurts. Fibular head or Hamstring muscle insertion? 

Anyone else have this problem? Wonder if its just my cant angles being wrong.

Always wonder if a gecko or other free-riding plate would help 

Edited by neanderthal

I hate to say but my first thought was minor hernia aswell.

I had a similar strain. Not painful just uncomfortable. I went to 3 docs to get checked out, only one of them "found" a hernia. I was told just to wait and see. That was 8 years ago or so. I never had to do anything about it.