Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows 16/17

P06781

For those of you who are thinking about hitting NICE or riding Schweitzer any point this season, there are $99 2 packs for sale on the Schweitzer website today. Deal is only available today. 

Note that I bought 4 tickets but am only expecting to ride 3 days, so I have one Schweitzer ticket available for $50. It's e-mailable and transferable with no blackout dates. 

Monday was a fun day for me.  It was fairly warm to start but the snow was good and the crowd was low.   I tried to take it very easy being my first day.   Tanker 200cm with plates (my go to)   did a warm up on South Canyon, it was untracked,   next North Canyon.   They circled watching for the SS opening.  Middle Fork was fun but sketchy depth and of course the terrain change are abrupt because they have not had a chance to be leveled out.   Hit the SS opening,  deep , soft and smoother than expected.   Another 5 -6 laps of mostly untracked.   Finished up at ER and left behind untracked there.   By 11am it was mud but still fun on a big board.   Took some shocks due to flat light and terrain dips but had a great time.  Much like the old days where Mondays meant small crowds and more than one untraced run in a day!!! 

Thanks for getting this years thread started Jim!!!   Sorry I could not rise to the occasion on Tuesday.   Work on the addition continues to suck up time , energy and money!!!   Currently I don't have a kitchen and doing dishes in the bathroom sink is getting old fast!! :)   

PS  TINKLER IS BACK!!!    So glad to see Mike back in Oregon!!

I am posting allot more on a couple pages I started on Facebook 

Here is a few if you want to join:

"Bryan's Big Boy Boards"   focus on longboard snowboards 170cm and longer

"Oldsnowboards"   focus on early snowboards and their history

"Alpine Snowboard Trader"  focus on what we love here!!! 

I have several others but they are very focused on specific models etc. 

Please feel free to join theses pages, if you are not accepted please contact me directly for approval. 

I have other admins and if they see warning signs you may be denied .   Thanks, Bryan 

I had a bit rougher of a day ,  it was still an awesome weather day and to ride alpine with friends was a real TREAT!!!  

Short List: 

Very nice man ran over my Snowboard in the parking lot. 

Stuck at the bottom of the HRM chair, lost an hour or better hiking, waiting for bus , transport back to man lot. 

On the wrong board when Cascade opened.    

Let's just say I am still working the BUGS out of the season. :) 

On the GREAT side: 

First "First Chair" of the season. 

Rode with Jim and Eric for a couple untracked fresh snow runs. 

Rode with Mike Tinkler Finally  on alpine gear!! 

Presented with the only know "SIMS" branded Snow Stix by the maker himself.  "Best Christmas Gift" 

Bryan 

20161213_110952.jpg

20161213_110521.jpg

20161213_074330.jpg

20161213_083902.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, www.oldsnowboards.com said:

Very nice man ran over my Snowboard in the parking lot.

I think maybe your boards are not visible due to their tiny size.

I rode up Vista 4 times watching the line for Cascade grow.  You have much more patience than I do.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I might be able to play hookie this week...What do you guys think about carving conditions for Friday? Think this last dump will be nicely firmed up by then? Looks like it's not supposed to get above freezing before the weekend, so no worries about a thaw/freeze cycle. 

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

I might be able to play hookie this week...What do you guys think about carving conditions for Friday? Think this last dump will be nicely firmed up by then? Looks like it's not supposed to get above freezing before the weekend, so no worries about a thaw/freeze cycle. 

Damn, I have a meeting on Friday now. Might be stuck with Saturday. 

Finally got in Day 1 for this season on Sunday! Roads were pretty squirrely up to Sandy, but fine after that. Pretty crowded on the mountain, but not as bad as I've seen on powder days in the past and Shooting Star stayed pretty uncrowded all day long. Snow everywhere was great - even though it was sunny with an air temperature around freezing, the surface wasn't slushing up. Very carveable, and staying light, not wet and heavy. Ran into a guy named Josh carving on a big Prior (188?) and made some laps with him. All in all, a good day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/1/2017 at 4:18 PM, Dan said:

Meadows Spring Pass on sale now...valid from March 10. Soooo eager to get on the hill! :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Hurray! I got mine and I am planning on being up there next weekend (probably Saturday). I hear more snow is on the way