Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows

P06781

Jim,

I was up there on Friday too. I was riding up on Vista around 10:30 and I spotted someone carving nice turns; light gray/putty-colored jacket. Was that you? I couldn't get your attention...

sure was a nice day though. Hope that I'll be able to play hooky from work again this week.

Dan,

I saw you over by vista around 11am ish . I met up with Brian's friend Randy and tried to catch you but never could. It wasnt too bad on friday at all. Just got back from there today, what a rat race. They had 3 race courses set up using 1/3 of the available terrian with 45min waits on shooting star. Went over to cascade a had some nice windpack powder runs. They got 4" up top with 8-12" in the lee sides that drifted in and it is still snowing on and off. This next mid week should be pretty good with the extra snow (relative speaking). I am trying for wed or thrus .... I always forget how bad the crowds are on the weekend....:confused:

jim

There will be a few of us up Tuesday (2/15) if any of you can make it. My wife an sister who are still in the earlier parts of the learning curve will likely be there too if anybody out there who is still figuring this whole thing out wants some company.

We use RF 13:20, give a shout.

Hey Dan, are you back in portland now? Would be great to see you on the hill, you too Jim, and Mike T. and of course anyone else I haven't met yet.

Cheers, Mike

My gf plans to head up tomorrow. She tends to be happy crusing by herself and hates radios, but I'll pass word along She's still geting cozy with hardboots and likes riding with her first and second timer friends, so might enjoy a mellow run or two with your sis et all.

Look for the very petite chinese chick on a blue burton amp, red and grey jacket.

Hey Mike!

(SirDoofus, that is, not Mike T.) Good to hear from you - I was just wondering if you were still in town and riding at Meadows. Yep, I moved back from Seattle in the summer, and I'm living with a few of the same roommates as two years ago. You remember Octavio? He got himself a Rossi Throttle and some hard boots a few years ago, but has barely touched the alpine gear due to foot pain. He finally went to a bootfitter, but since then the season has been pretty much non-existent so...

Sorry I can't join you tomorrow, but I think I'll be on the mountain on Thursday. Hope to see you up there sometime this season...maybe at MHES?

Happy carving tomorrow!

Hey Dan -- good to hear you are back in town. Thursday is out for me, probably Friday if the snow holds. Yeah I remember Octavio, it'd be good to see him out there too. As long as the snow keeps coming, I am sure we will hook up one of these days.

Have fun on Thursday.

Hey Jason W. What is your girlfriend's name?? If you happen to get this before she takes off, let her know My wife's name is Jennifer and she will be riding a Crazy Creek 151, she is definitely still in the learning phase but she has fun (sis can't make it).

Cheers, Mike