Note to New Members ×

Looking for new hardboots around Portland

RooX

Hey all, new to the Portland scene, just moved here.  Need a pair of hardboots, something around m27.5 (my last few pair of heads were that size at least)  Trying to stay on the cheap cheap side of things.  If you have anything laying around I can try on, lemme know! 

Hi, welcome to Portland! We're the same size but unfortunately I can't help you with boots - it will be a while before I move on from my current pair. Your best bet is probably hanging out in the classifieds here and searching Craigslist / eBay. Mulling over my winter plan now...are you thinking about buying a season pass? If so, which area? 

Thanks Dan, it's been a culture shock so far, but a great one!  Have been checking Craigslist daily, no sightings of anything carving related yet sadly.

Gonna grab a fusion pass to timberline and hood I think, plan on quite a bit of midweek journeys if anyone is interested.

On 10/11/2016 at 9:21 AM, RooX said:

Hey all, new to the Portland scene, just moved here.  Need a pair of hardboots, something around m27.5 (my last few pair of heads were that size at least)  Trying to stay on the cheap cheap side of things.  If you have anything laying around I can try on, lemme know! 

WELCOME to the Portland area!!  We have a small but dedicated group of alpine riders here.   Many have ridden alpine for many years.  I have a considerable stash of alpine gear, however, I don't think I have your size in boots at the moment.   Bryan 

Think I'm sorted, just PayPald a gentleman for a nice looking set of dalbello carvex boots.  Hopefully they are as close to my old head stratos pros as they look.  I have a roommate with an extensive tool collection, so I'll chop em up a bit to soften the shell, did it on my head boots back in the day.

Thanks for the welcome guys, look forward to seeing and meeting you Out on the slopes.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 1:16 PM, RooX said:

Thanks Dan, it's been a culture shock so far, but a great one!  Have been checking Craigslist daily, no sightings of anything carving related yet sadly.

Gonna grab a fusion pass to timberline and hood I think, plan on quite a bit of midweek journeys if anyone is interested.

Cool - Meadows has the best carving terrain on Hood, but Ski Bowl can be great on a powder day, so Fusion pass would be fun in a good snow year (and the weathermen say La Nina is bringing the goods this season). 

I'm on the fence, but might buy a Meadows value pass (weekday only in the mid season, full pass in start / end of the season)...still have a few weeks to make up my mind. 

Got my dalbello crx in m27.5 today... Too bloody small I reckon..... No clue how that's possible as I've owned two sets of head stratos in that size in the past and they have fit like a glove.

If anyone local wants to try em out, let me know.  I'm back on the hunt I guess!

1 hour ago, RooX said:

Got my dalbello crx in m27.5 today... Too bloody small I reckon..... No clue how that's possible as I've owned two sets of head stratos in that size in the past and they have fit like a glove.

If anyone local wants to try em out, let me know.  I'm back on the hunt I guess!

If you can hang on to them and see if we can find a local that needs them