Note to New Members ×

Olympics vs. the TD2's

Guest Andrew S

Guest Andrew S

With all the talk of the new TD2's, which by the way seem great, I got to thinkin about the differences between the new Trenchdiggers and the newest Cateks. The only problem is, I don't know a whole lot about either. Well I know some of you do, so could anybody anwser what are the general advantages and disadvantages of one over the other? In what aspects is each one best? And also, which do you just flat out recommend?

Thanks

Andrew

it comes down to canting the canting on the catek is better there is no need to buy new cants with them

the only thing that bugs me on the cateks is the way the heel bail is on them mine have a TINY bit of play after a 70+ days but thats a very minor complaint

on the other hand the TD2 I suspect will be a bit more damp

the only downside is that if you decide you want to use a different cant than you bought in the first place it will cost more

I hope to get a pair of TD2s when I am not so poor for me its hard to imagine a better binding than the TD1 so I am sure I will love them

Originally posted by yyzcanuck

I've always had a problem with that term... "degrees". What does it really matter what degree of cant/lift you have? As long as you can adjust the binding over some sort of range, who cares what the angle is?

One reason to know your angles YYZ is when a poll is started asking what angles you run you can participate.

Originally posted by yyzcanuck

I've always had a problem with that term... "degrees". What does it really matter what degree of cant/lift you have? As long as you can adjust the binding over some sort of range, who cares what the angle is?

So that after fiddling with it for half of forever and finally getting it right, you can write the number down so that you can reproduce the result on another binding.

while i can't tell the difference just standing on the board, it becomes apparent after a few runs whether i'm at the appropriate cant angle. i usually run 6f/6r, at 3f/3r, it becomes almost impossible to ride after what seems like a rediculously short period of time. but initially stepping on the board, i would have no idea it was any different.