Note to New Members ×

New Track Boots - Flex Question?

barryj

Thinking of purchasing some new Deeluxe boots.  My 4 year old red/white Track 700's are taking a beating from my 225lbs and from kicking the balled up snow off the boot against the rear heel receiver on my TD3 SW SI's...lots of gouges on the plastic and the fintec heels!

So.......what's the difference in the new Deeluxe boots with symmetrical flex vs. my 700's with asymmetrical flex?...and how does that difference translate into ride performance for my 225lbs trying to EC?? 

I can't speak to the flex benefits of one design over the other, however I can say that the shape is different.  Fin cut up the 4 different boots and took measurements to show the different shapes.

I believe it confirmed the general shape opinion from the forum.

UPZ - narrow heel cup and wide toe box

Track x25 series - wide heel cup and narrow toe box

Track 700 - right in between the Track x25 and UPZ shells, 

Head - I don't recall.

For EC, and general agressive carving, you may want to stick with the 700's since they are a known entity.

If you are interested in the shape differences, I'm sure a search will yield some results.  I know Jim Callen posted the link not that long ago, maybe you can search his posting history and get it easily.