Note to New Members ×

Fin Tec Main Pins for Step-in Heel Assemblies

Sierrasnowbrdr01

Digging through the closet and found this gear. Send me an email if interested, buyer pays actual shipping cost.

TD3 Burton Discs $25.00 for the pair. SOLD

Fin Tec Main Pins for Fin Tec Heels. These are the newer hardened version. Pins are exactly 1" in length.

2 sets available (4 total pins-2 for each heel) $10.00/set

Thanks for looking.

post-1162-0-73100600-1461716030_thumb.jp

post-1162-0-88531400-1461784015_thumb.jp

Edited by Sierrasnowbrdr01

Are these pins longer than the original or just harder?  I've found with the used set of Fin Tec heels I bought that they don't engage all that confidently.  I've added grease to the pins, inside mechanism, and td3sw w/o much change.  I went back to F2 Intec heels and am much more confident with the engagement.  If these will be longer and give me more confidence I'll buy them.

No bother Sierrasnowbrdr01 - I'll stick with the F2's for now.  I'll poke around and see if I can find some info on the differences in pins.  I suspect the length is identical.  I've thought about going back to bails as well but have popped out of those over the years too.

I think first batch of Fintecs had problem with pins heat treatment and due that they were too soft and were stucking and did not moved correctly.

Bomber sent new correct pins quickly to those affected as free of charge, good service as usual. At least i got two sets for sets i had.

EDIT:

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/22273-notice-to-all-fin-tec’s-shipped-before-jan-1st-main-pin-recall/?hl=%2Bmain+%2Brecall

Edited by pokkis