Note to New Members ×

Instruction @ ECES or sooner...

fishrising

Anyone interested in giving me an hour or two of their time at ECES (or prior to) this year to help me out with carving? I can pay you in cash, beer, food, etc... I plan on being at ECES from Thurs to at least Sat. Or, if it can be sooner, I typically ride at Okemo, Mt. Snow, or Stowe, but I would travel pretty much anywhere in New England to meet up with you. I live in CT, so if anyone meets to meet at a CT hill at night, I am open to that too...

My background: last year I picked up a '97 Rossi Throttle 173 to learn on and later in the year '03 Tanker O/S 187. I had been riding softies for about 15 years, and was able to make trenches with a Floater 167. I did not dedicate last year to harbooting. But I put in at least 15-20 1/2 days on my hartdboot gear. The other 1/2 days were playing in the woods.

I was able to lock in some carves, with some of them linked. But, I have never actually even ridden with another hardbooter before. So, I could use some tips and the experience of watching/riding another hardbooter.

Any takers? Or, recommendations on where to look for "professional" instruction?

Moderators, please move this post if it should be under the classifieds as "Help Wanted."

Thanks!

There are usually a good number of hardboot riders at Stratton on any given weekend. They're all a pretty friendly bunch. If you ever decide to ride Stratton just come up to one of them and introduce yourself and ask if you could hang out a while. I’m no expert but when I started there three seasons ago I got plenty of tips and advice from the more seasoned riders on the mountain. Also – if you contact PSR I’m sure he would be glad to work with you. He’s one of the best.

Hey Fish, I live on the Mass CT boarder. I am in my 3rd season of dedicated carving so Im not that far away from where you are right now. Im sure if we rode together I could help you with atleast one thing. Oh yeah I ride for fun, No payments.

If you can hook up with PSR your riding will never be the same. I Cant say that about a day with me.:eek:

Buggs...we are in on the same condo for ECES, so it would be good to get out with you before then. Which end of CT do you live just outside of, West or East end? I am right outside of Hartford. Where do you ride at night?

PSR...my first scheduled day out this year is going to be Friday 12/19 at Okemo, probably (could be talked into Stratton or other). Any chance of getting an hour or two of your time then? I actually may be able to go up on Thursday rather than Friday, depends on which day looks better for riding, and which day you might be available.

Feel free to email me, PM me, or leave a post here...

Thanks in advance...

It's already been said, but it's worth repeating. PSR is the BEST. Very intuitive, can adapt to many student issues and still help them improve, progress towards their individual goals, whatever they may be. Hell, he even got my wife to listen, and that's really something. Oh, and her riding improved too. Time well spent.

Thanks to all for your offers...once end of the year stuff is done, I will take some of you up on your offers...and I also look forward to whatever ECES has to offer...and, Friday will be my first day out this year, at Okemo...if anyone else is around, look for a tall (6'7") guy, silver helmet, riding a Rad-Air Tanker 187 or red Rossi Throttle...

Guest Pre School Rider

I'll try to be there,provided my car is back from the shop. I'll likely be on a big silver Tanker,or on a black Reto LSD. I've got an off-gold helmet,red jacket,red Raichles,black pants,and will be Not going slow. I'll run under the base quads about 3-4 laps in the morning,then be doing Saphire-to-Arrow or World Cup by 9:15 from the express quad.After 10:30,it's over Solitude(if it's open) or fast laps down Timberline under the Green-Ridge chair. Mind you,I can't say whether I'll get there,but if I can,that's my agenda.

• 4 weeks later...

Where to go, if to go???

Anyone else riding in New England this Friday?

Hey Vermonters, what is the wind forecast for Friday in VT? From here (CT), my sources say 10-15mph winds and temps in the single digits. That might be doable, but if it's blowing over 15mph, forget it...

I am not afraid of the cold, but I might be of Wind+Cold...at least the mountain wouldn't be crowded...

Thanks,

Ben