Note to New Members ×

Justin Reiter beats US Ski team members!

patmoore

I know this should be under the racing subject but it deserves wider exposure.  Justin Reiter was the snowboarding pacesetter at this year's NASTAR Nationals at Steamboat.  At today's slalom race the finish order of the pacesetters (all Olympians) was Casey Puckett, Justin Reiter, Jackie Wiles, AJ Kitt, and Jake Fiala.  AJ was heard to remark "He beat me straight up!".  Spectators were in awe of his runs and more than one ski racer told me that that convinced them to try hardbooting.  His margin of victory over Jackie Wiles on their second head-to-head run was 0.01seconds.  Click on the image below to watch their first run.

2w74qyq.jpg

I was pretty pleased with this year's results, I won my age group in snowboard GS racing and slalom, took 2nd in Platinum Division GS ski racing, and third in the team event.  

okdbur.jpg

Justin is looking forward to next year.  Plan on joining us.

Edited by patmoore
  • Like 4

If Justin does that too often snowboarders will lose that 10% NASTAR handicap.;-)

But seriously now, I'd happily lose that handicap if it meant that US alpine boarding got the respect that brings sponsorship dollars to support a racing programme. It just needs someone like Putnam Investments to think that if Justin can do this out of his own pocket then what if .............

Edited by SunSurfer

I spent about fifteen minutes with USSA President Tiger Shaw talking about a number of subjects including Justin and what he went through to get to Sochi. Justin's performance at Steamboat will get some attention. Hopefully support follows. He is one of the most personable guys I have ever met. He gave four of us a private lesson and wouldn't even let me buy him lunch.

Edited by patmoore
  • Like 2