Note to New Members ×

+180cm

andiss

Back in the early 90's I used to have an old Nitro Diablo 186cm - loved it.  

Epic dimensions 272/241/272 10m sidecut and 148cm effective edge

Now - is there any manufacturers out there that in 2016 still manufactures long stuff except Donek (Alpinepunk or Goodboards)

There seem to be a lot in the 165-175cm wide range like the Rossignol Magtec?

Think they stopped - there are "new-old" on ebay alright.

I still have my Tom Burt 172cm and a Lamar 169cm but the Tom Burt is buggered and the Lamar is a bit boring.....or slow...i dont know it doesn't do it for me - i want another 10cm effecitve edge

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com
Please watch your language sir!

Sadly, nearly every 180+cm thread begins, "Back in the day..." There's very little in terms of production boards that go much beyond 170, or even 165. That 181 Hammerhead that Mig mentioned is really tempting. Lib Tech makes a 180, but the base is crap. Prior makes a Spearhead in 178. Other than that, you may be looking at used or NOS. Those Tankers that Pokkis has may be a really attractive option! My 187 is quite nice.

• Like 1

If you need more info, let me know. As far as bases go, black sintered 4000 on all my boards without diecuts or graphics.

Will do. I just picked up a 172 Spearhead, but your boards are really intriguing. I've got too many in the 180-200 range to add another right now, but I'd love to get on one of those Hammerheads! I like the sound of the no-BS sintered base. That stupid Lib Tech extruded base was a huge disappointment and performance drag; on a $600 deck, it was near criminal.

• Like 1

Well, heck, my Diablo is sell-able...[PM me?]  But, a Tanker in 182, 187 (think 182, Wide), 192 or 200 would probably suit you fine. After, um (SVR, help me out!) '07 (or, was it '06?) those were rockered with cambered tip/tail to improve quick 'slidey' turns without loosing edging prowess.  The Hazelwoods are interesting to me; I haven't rode one yet, but Sean has always made quality boards. I doubt he got as light/nimble as a Tanker, but the edge-hold ought to be really solid. Coiler also has made a few Tanker-esque  boards, that are very notable in speed and edge-hold.

Sorry, but for now, my 182 and 200 cm Tankers are not for sale.  The 200 btw, is on it's 16th season, and rides as well as it ever has...

I would love that maverick,specs are perfect for me.

there's a reason baseball bats are made with ash.

'91 186 diablo was my 1st long board, sadly the pre insert screw plates bent (too many cliff drops in cascade concrete) creating a rockered tip & tail ahead of their time.