Note to New Members ×

Intel Pin engaged enough (FinTec) to TD3SW - Little nervous to ride.

Carp

I transferred Fintec heels from Head Stratos to Deeluxe 325 boots. The sole length is a little longer on the new Deeluxe boots so I adjusted the toe/heel of the TD3 Sidewinder accordingly.  The left (outside pin - I ride regular foot) on my front foot doesn't seem to protrude from the heel receiver as much as it did with the old boots or as much as the inside pin of the same foot (nor the two pins on the right foot).  I wouldn't think the boots would make a difference but a little nervous to ride these.  I tried to take a picture to show this.  Hoping people could take a look and give me some advice. - Cheers.  

post-134-0-96433300-1452464561_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-40041000-1452464583_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-45924000-1452464606_thumb.jpg

See the little gap between the heel and the binding in the first two pictures? Note that it's not there on the right side.

Normal! The heel is narrower than the binding by design, and can float from side to side a bit. You can push the boot over to the other side with your hand.

• Like 1

Speaking of Bomber Butter in heelpieces - I have taken to pretty well filling the heelpiece with it to exclude any water that might freeze and jam things.  This after opening up a heelpiece once at home and having a significant amount of water drain out.  I suppose one could run them pretty dry and leave plenty of passage for water, but you'll never know for sure.