Note to New Members ×

2014-15 Custom Kessler 180 4x4 and UPM 400$

Ernie00

I bought a few board from a retired Team Canada rider this fall.  Been on the fence about selling this  buy that I realize won't really get to ride much because of my home mountain is so narrow and small and I already own another 180.     So if someone can enjoy it / race it for what it was meant to be used for it would be perfect. 

I'm selling this board at a lower price because of a few issues, I will explain everything.    I have checked with Kessler and it will not be an issue with the board, it won't affect the ride or durability. 

The board is a 180 made for a 165 - 170 pounds rider.   The board is in amazing shape, lots of edge left and very good structure and tune up on it,   If anything like the other boards I got they were amazing to ride.   Solid tune, as you would expect from a national team rider board.    The board is still on storage wax as I didn't use the board since I bought it.    Top sheet is in very good shape and it is the P-tex white top sheet.   No dings or anything on the top sheep or nose from hitting gates.    A few bindings / plate marks but something you would expect specially with a white board.    The board is 19.5 wide.   The board wasn't much used. 

The issues

The board was used to test a new plate and needed some extended UPM holes so APEX and Mark Fawcett from what I understood drilled 2 holes in front of the existing UPM and 4 in the middle of the board.   The holes are not going through the board only top sheet and core so the base is untouched.   They would need to be plugged or repaired.  They won't affect the ride and once closed up properly won't cause any problem.   Just like skis that you change de bindings and need to be redrilled and plugs are put in the old holes. 

The other thing is that only 2 of the 8, 4x4 inserts are showing, they other 6 are there but need to be open up.   They are well marked by the factory so there is no guessing on where those inserts are located.      No an issue if you run a UPM plate. 

So basically you have a very very good shape 1500$ Kessler with a little work to be done for 400$. 

Any questions let me know. 

post-577-0-29400700-1452185427_thumb.jpg

post-577-0-95467300-1452185437_thumb.jpg

post-577-0-00730500-1452185463_thumb.jpg

post-577-0-06093600-1452185526_thumb.jpg

post-577-0-83581500-1452185749_thumb.jpg

Could you please post a photo with the edges and a ruler applied to them? Need to know exactly how much edges remains.

Also, are you sure i won't need an X-ray to figure out where the wholes for the bindings are? Do they all have these marks?

What is the distance between the standard bindings in cm? (measure it from the middle of the square formed by the 4 screw holes to the other binding square middle).

Is it a final price?

As the guy who made Mark Fawcett drill those holes, I can tell you that board is some of Hansjuerg Kessler's finest work. There are certain boards in certain years that HK has really dialed in and the 2014 180 was one of them. We have two identical boards that we use for testing and I personally find them a blast to ride.

It has very few days on it from what I know and was prepped by one of the top techs on the World Cup. We drilled it to mount an experimental plate but that project was short-lived. At $400, it's a steal. New custom boards are now in the $2k range (third world Canadian dollars).

Jump on this deal if you want to know how an Olympic snowboard rides.

Edited by Apex Insider