Note to New Members ×

LOVEing my new Donek board :)

RyanKnapton

It'd be an interesting exercise, but you need someone that's as passionate about softbooting as Fin and Co. were about hardbooting when designing the TD2/3.  I imagine there would be a lot of testing variations/options before a final resolution was determined.  

Looking at a Catek FR2; there's no single part that's ground-breaking, but it's the integration of all the parts that shone.  That comes through testing or luck.  

30.5cm.  I was wondering.  I have Power Plates, size 8.5 boots and S/M Nidecker bindings and even when I was at 25/15 I would boot out on the heel side.

I subscribed to your videos Ryan and I love them!  I also believe that you are really helping out the carving crowd by showing all of the softies out there how it should be done!  Maybe they won't switch to hardbooting, but at least they will understand it a bit better and start riding better.  Maybe they will also understand that people may cut across the slope because they are carving and that they should watch out for that, "...at some point some ass-hat will run into you..." (I think I paraphrased that from your video on how to carve:).

Awesome riding, Ryan! Hat's off!

... but I took the hard-boots off and put em duck-foot on my freestyle board. 

Ha, ha, I do that often, at 30 / -5 or so, when teaching the first time soft booters, or on intro days of carving course for staff.

Soft boots on a twin... but perhaps some worthy carving.  :)   Beaver Creek yesterday.   Such mad thanks to Sean at Donek for building this custom board for me!!!

Yup, softboots on a true twin (Travis Rice HP).  Even works for us +65 riders too.  :biggthump