Note to New Members ×

Help with Burton Physics bindings pls

big canuck

Sooooo I got the boy a kid's alpine board inbound. I bought him some small Burton Wind boots and Physics bindings but not sure I have all the parts.....

Can someone post what they're supposed to look like by chance mounted on a board? I have some round cant discs and some rubber angle things that look like they could go under the bindings? Also included was a steel piece that looks like it could go in a Center disc maybe?

If this proves futile, were there different heel and toe pieces for the boots to use a std toe bail binder?

Some help would be appreciated.

BTW the boy is 10 turning 11 and can carve his soft boot board pretty well IMHO

AND does anyone have some 4 bolt Center discs for Burton binders they would part with?

Thx

K

Edited by big canuck

Did Burton make non Physics heel and toe caps to work with a standard toe bail binding?

Any one have those avail by chance? It would appear to me the heel receptacles would be prone to getting bunged up with snow.....

I want to try them as is. I think the kid would get a kick out of the step in experience. 

Gar, will get back to you on the discs. Thx again.

Edited by big canuck

Burton Physics

Did Burton make non Physics heel and toe caps to work with a standard toe bail binding?

I think, if I understand your question correctly, the answer is YES.

When Burton shipped their Physics bindings, they included two types of toe options; a standard step-in toe bail system that could be used with any hard boots, and a metal 'speed hook' toe piece that (I think) could only be installed on the toe of Burton Hardboots.  Their was only ONE heel option regardless of the boot.

It would appear to me the heel receptacles would be prone to getting bunged up with snow.....

I want to try them as is. I think the kid would get a kick out of the step in experience. 

The snow doesn't clog up in them, but the two heel washers can get so 'STUCK' on the metal heel receiver pins that you can not get the binding off.  

I would pack something like a screw driver, etc that can be used to hammer the pin and wash system loose to disengage the binding; if you don't you may have to leave the boot in the binding and walk sock feet into the lodge.

Hope this helps, I think you kids will have a blast with the step ins:)

Rob

I am selling mine right now. It was a good set up and I never had any problems. You need to lean back and press on your heal to get it to release if it sticks or try tuning the boot cantering positions to be not as tight. The toe piece can be moved forward to create a duck bill for standard binding. The heal need to be replaced with a burton heal ( came with boots hard to find) to creat the duck bill on the rear. The speed hook and step in system works well and has no over hang. Have a look at my boot / binding photos in the for sale. I don't have any photos mounted. I can send you some picks if you need any more help. Good luck. Start them young!

The unicant is good for figuring out cant/lift, but wouldn't recommend it for long term/heavy service, particularly with the leverage of the Physics system working on it from above.

I can check the parts boxes next time I'm back at the camp, in the event you don't find a second set sooner. Maybe post a photo of what you have and a description of what you need?

Those two discs rotate on each other to change the cant/ lift combination. The pivoting metal bit bolts to the board, and the lower of the two cant discs indexes on it. The second/ top wedge locks into that, and the whole assembly is held in place by bolting the binding to the top of the steel pivot.

Not super durable, but they are adjustable. 

Edit- all of these parts make up one foots worth of cant/ lift.

spolan0775547474-img600x450-1364818807if

Edited by Mr.E

Love this forum.

Mr E, 100%. That's exactly what I have and what I want for his front foot. Boom! Lol

Beckmann, This is for my 10 soon to be 11 year old's 140 SG I bought here. He's not going to pounding them very hard. When he gets a bit bigger and hopefully still wants to ride an alpine board I'll hook him up with TD's

If you happen to have the parts I need I'd sure appreciate the chance to get them from you. Mr E, you don't have these parts you'd sell by chance?

Many thanks guys

I do have a single fixed cant (7degree) I could be talked out of (maybe).  They are way more durable. Same as the Ibex ones.

Make sure your kid doesn't kick the cant on entry or for snow cleaning. when assembled the Unicant is a a hollow, thin plastic disc. It does ok as a cant (much of the load is in the pivot), but it's not particularly impact resistant.

Edited by Mr.E