Note to New Members ×

Anyone ever ride with 2 different Boots

neanderthal

Hi -

I tried this today and wondered if anyone has done something similar.  

My Indys are more comfortable and a bit stiffer than the UPZ 10 that I have but I love the way my heel doesnt move on the UPZ.

Today I rode front foot Indy and rear UPZ.  It may be the best of both worlds.   Comfort was overall improved and my rear heel didnt move while the front foot had more support.

Not sure if ill try again and sadly the local snow is waning so if I do it will be next season.

Best rider I know has ridden two different boots for years. What ever fits right feels right and performs to your satisfaction why not ? If your lucky enough to have perfectly symmetrical feet you will wonder what the hell were talking about but if your feet are drastically different you strive to find what fits.

Epitomize the 'side by side' comparison?

Frequently.

Usually when I'm phasing in a new set of shells, and want to quantify the difference made by 'fresh' plastic.

Also if I'm upgrading to a new model of a particular boot, (for instance, old plastic sole v. new carbon sole for XC skiing).

And if I want to see if anyone is paying attention, I'll ski with an alpine boot/ski on one foot, and a telemark boot/ski on the other.

Your experimental configuration is entirely rational.

Edited by Beckmann AG

used to do that in the late 80's...most slalom riders in the WC did too...they used Salomon SX91 equipe ( the redboot) on front foot, and other stuff in the back.

I had salomon SX51 in front, then Koflach Albona on the back ( before switching to SB121 on both feet later on with assymetrical boards)

N