Note to New Members ×

any input.

ablapia

Nearly all boots and bindings are compatible.  Step-in bindings will require step-in heels for the boots and not all boots can do step-in heels.

You can carve on a softboot setup and it's not the worst way to get started especially so late in the season.  Turn those bindings forward and practice the norm.

Welcome to BOL.

• Like 1

Make sure you can carve on your softie setup first. Without even changing anything. Once you are able to do clean pencil mark thin arcs, both heel and toe side and transition without skid, you'd be ready to start working the angles up. I wouldn't go higher then about 40/30 on softies. At that point you'll be ready for hard boots.

• Like 1

To "Carve" is a very relevant term...

Actually, to carve is simply to ride the board while it's on its edge, it will carve a circle all by itself.

But some feel that carving is putting the body on the ground and heading downhill, some feel it's skidding sideways down a hill.

I prefer to think of it as putting energy into the board during a turn and getting a little back exiting the turn.

ok, then. I could work on the Norm which I found doable for me. Maybe I could prepare equipment for next season.

would you comment or  would you recommend what combination of  board, boot, and binding?

I really dont know where to start.

ok, then. I could work on the Norm which I found doable for me. Maybe I could prepare equipment for next season.

would you comment or  would you recommend what combination of  board, boot, and binding?

I really dont know where to start.

What are you riding now?

Edited by breeseomatic

Start with the boots. IMNAAH (in my not at all humble opinion), boots that fit well are the most important component of hardbooting gear. Secondhand boards and binders are easily found and paid for. But they will all suck if your boots don't fit. Don't go to extremes. Find out which of the 3-4 available boot shapes goes best with your feet.

Find a more or less recent pair of 4-5 buckle hardboots. If the liners are shot, find liners.

Then take it from there.

My $ 0.2.

• Like 1

I am riding K2 arbor. I have pretty small feet 24.5cm from heel to toe, but wide and really flat. often had clamping during riding due to my riding habit as well as small width in my size boot. 

What are 3-4 available boot shapes?

Where to look for boot online ?

thanks, really appreciated.

Edited by ablapia

I am riding K2 arbor. I have pretty small feet 24.5cm from heel to toe, but wide and really flat. often had clamping during riding due to my riding habit as well as small width in my size boot. 

What are 3-4 available boot shapes?

Where to look for boot online ?

thanks, really appreciated.

Measure your foot per Bomber's guidance: http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/PDFs/Sizing_boots.pdf

If your feet are 24.0cm- 25.0cm, I have a pair of Raichle 314 boots sized 24.0 that I'd be willing to lend you.  The liners they come with are kinda crappy, and the spare set of Head liners I have don't fill them out enough, so you can try the stock liners and see how they work, or buy your own liners and have 'em molded to your feet.  These boots are pretty soft, so they're good beginner boots and are somewhat higher volume than the Head Stratos Pros that I normally use, so they might work with your wider feet.  

Now that I think about it, if you ask super duper nice, I might even be able to cob together a pair of F2 bindings you can borrow as well.  And depending on how lazy I am, I might just leave the BTS with blue springs on the boots...  ;)  Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

As for where to look for boots, liners, bindings, boards and pretty much everything else you'll need below your knees, right here on Bomber in their online store.  

Edited by That Guy...

The 3-4 shapes are:

Deeluxe symmetrical (everything but the Track 700 in the current line-up). Rather narrow in the toe, rather wide in the heel.

Deeluxe asymmetrical (Track 700 in the current line-up). Not quite as narrow in the toe, not quite as wide in the heel.

UPZ. Roomy toe-box, narrow heel. All recent models (RC-10, RC-8, ATB, black-and-white RX-8) are the same basic shape. Stay away from older models (RSV, Mach, Alp).

Head/Blax (discontinued): Can't say how these are - I believe they are quite wide in front and back.

Take care to get the correct shell size: Remove the liner. Put your foot in the shell all the way, so your toes touch the front. You should get 1-2 fingers behind your heel, not more.

Head/Blax (discontinued): Can't say how these are - I believe they are quite wide in front and back.

Head is less wide in the toe area then UPZ and less wide in the heel area then Deeluxe. Overall feel is medium/wide. 

Some of the past and current Dalbello ski boots (but NOT the Krypton series) are the same shells as the Head/Blax snowboard boots.