Note to New Members ×

Call to the Carve Community: Lets help Billy get to China and Represent!

fin

I know that Dave put something up before but I am going to give this a big push as we believe it deserves it.

Billy Winters is a Steamboat, CO trained racer who qualified for the Junior Worlds in China next month to represent the US. If you have been to a SES in the past few years you have undoubtedly seen Billy carve it up with the best of us. The kid is more than just talented, he is driven.

I should also mention, for full disclosure, that Billy is also a sponsored rider of both Bomber (bindings) and Donek (snowboards). I personally love the fact that Billy has shown quite a few racers that you can win national races on US domestic gear. Too many NA racers have convinced themselves it has to be from "over there" to win on. Billy has shown them all, that is not the case. Rock on Billy.

Billy's dad, Dave, has been his biggest advocate and not only supports him but is his coach. And Dave is VERY active in the carve community and always steps up at the SES with some amazing prizes from his wood shop. 

This is a huge achievement and unfortunately a huge cost as well for Billy and his parents. So I think we, the carving community, need to step-up and make this happen for Billy and his family. There is a "crowd funding page" for Billy and his cause here:

https://ussa.rallyme.com/rallies/1456/billys-fund

Right now they are halfway there but still not 100%. So go to the link, open your virtual wallet and let's get this guy to Worlds so he can show them what we got here in the USA. 

As a side, here is the website where they will be posting the schedule and the results. Also worth mentioning is Billy qualified for BX. Double trouble coming from Uncle Sam baby!

http://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/event-details.html?event_id=36249&cal_suchsector=SB

post-2-0-99765600-1425063822_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-71372300-1425063826_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-23176400-1425063829_thumb.jpg