Note to New Members ×

SNES/June Carver Classic??? March 21/22/23

slopestar

Just seeing who out there is interested in getting together up at June. Last year was an informal gathering but I did see many familiar faces and would enjoy doing it again. Looks like the storms may be stacking up for a late season push and the 3rd weekend of March would be great timing.

Let's get the ball rolling, arrange some carpools and lodging and bring everything you have!!

No, that is when I am back from Park City.  And the new Coiler will be on display in a glass case, behind a red velvet rope, guarded by a big dude on roids if I get the board by SNES.  I'm completely prepared that I won't get it in time for this season.

I'm also looking to close a deal on a Bomber Plate this week.  I rode one at SES and was just plowing through some chopped up afternoon snow.  In the AM I was like: "meh, no big deal".  Then in the afternoon I was like "GARRR!!, ruts and snow piles, you are no match for me!"

Only able to do this weekend. I'm on the hook with kids any other dates so I'll be there regardless. Would like to carpool/share lodging if possible. Also may have lodging available I. ️Mammoth. I can carry 4 additional passengers as long as you don't mind gear stacking up in the aisle of my AWD MINI VAN... It's BYODVD....

I just picked up 2 bomber 4mm plates. 1 4x4 and 1upm. Several boards I will be bringing. I'm just going to stuff my board bag and everything is coming up to the lodge at June with a combo lock. All are welcome to try whatever I'm not on..

Sg 185 with plate

169 coiler vsr 19cm waist with plate

165 Donek saber/power plates

165 Donek bamboo Freecarve 23.5 waist

163 Donek twin

2x 176 swoard copy

Edited by slopestar

Hey Tom,

Dates look to be next weekend, the 21st and 22nd, however the location seems to be still somewhat up in the air.  Some of us have been chatting about it on FB over the last few days.  Up top at June is decent, but given the recent heat as well as possible rain mid-week, June might not be the place to go.  Sounds like we'll play it by ear as the week progresses between Mammoth and June.  Let's all stay up to date here in this thread to keep the info moving.

Hope to see you all soon!

Some of us are friends via facebook. You can message multiple people at once. We have been discussing it a bit. Consensus is: some may go. Most will not. Could/should be fun...at ️Mammoth. I'll be there Friday -Sunday at one place or the other. I will have lots of gear if interested...parked at Mill if it's Mammoth

Hey guys I live here in mammoth I can keep u updated on the conditions at mammoth and June,with the warm weather, condition are spring at best , frozen corduroy in the a.m. giving way to slush in the afternoon . Judging by the forcast this week,things aren't likely to change any time soon ,Mammoth is probably the best bet do to coverage but u have the crowds I'll see if I can get accuratnse report on the true conditions at June before the weekend . Looking forward to connecting with some of you guys and making some turns it's been kind of lonely up here for many of years with just a handful of local carvers who I rarely see !

June is basically done for the season.  They closed J4/J6 after Saturday, and on Sunday the connector from the top of bunker hill down to J7 was nearly gone.  Once that goes, they'll probably shut down for good.

Even Mammoth today was fairly questionable.  Canyon and Eagle are completely out of the question, and even the lower half near Main has a lot of brown.  We'll do it next week at Mammoth, but spring conditions are in full force.  Bring your Zardoz!

Sounds good.  Looking forward to seeing all of you.  I think most of us are planning to park a 2 and ride mostly around Main.  Heading down to Canyon or Eagle is generally a bad idea, but with the colder temps this past week and through this weekend, the prime time window should last longer at least.