Note to New Members ×

catek still around ?

Pusbag

Catek is dead. It's sad because the competition between Catek and Bomber made both products better.

I liquidated my Catek holdings in 2011/2012 after I couldn't place an online order or get an email response. Then I read about people getting charged money and not receiving product for weeks or months.

It is possible that Catek is processing orders now, slowly or otherwise.  I personally don't believe that they are gone.  Just because there isn't any evidence to the contrary doesn't mean that rumors of their total demise are true.

Has ANYBODY on this board had an order fulfilled by Catek this season?

The back end of the Catek site is still live. I was mulling the idea of placing an order for FR2 toe ramps and got to the point of registering an account. I got an automated email response including my profile information but got cold feet when it came to actually placing the order and sending my credit card information into the void.

The back end of the Catek site is still live. I was mulling the idea of placing an order for FR2 toe ramps and got to the point of registering an account. I got an automated email response including my profile information but got cold feet when it came to actually placing the order and sending my credit card information into the void.

If you need it, go ahead and order it.  What's the big deal?  If you don't get a shipping confirmation within a reasonable amount of time (10 days?) just flag the charge on your credit card.  Not getting stuck paying for things that are never delivered are what credit cards are for.  (wow, that's a horrible sentence.)  I've read all of the Catek complaint threads and tried to get my Catek stuff from people on the forum.  I have no expectation of quick, or even any delivery of goods ordered directly from Catek, but if I had no other choice I would give it a try.  In some ways, a slow Catek with horrible service is better than no Catek at all.

Why do I have this picture in my mind of you and me standing on a 40 foot cornice, with you saying "Dude, hit it! The landing is totally pillowy!" Yet, I'm tempted to follow your suggestion.

If I had the airbag-like consumer protections of credit cards underneath that cornice, I would just hit you from behind and send us both flying over the edge.  Just don't use a debit card, because that is ridiculous.  If Catek never delivers, you can be the first to file a BBB complaint.  Credit card protections are probably why they have no complaints.  It could be that they never delivered, or even communicated with the customer, but in the end the irate, disappointed customer got the charge cancelled.  If you have low expectations you won't be so irate.

Edited by ExcelsiorTheFathead

If I had the airbag-like consumer protections of credit cards underneath that cornice, I would just hit you from behind and send us both flying over the edge.

The fear isn't that no one is home behind the Catek curtain, it's that someone nefarious is there waiting to collect my credit card information. How do we know that the Catek site hasn't been captured by ISIS who are using the proceeds to fund their campaign? Using the lure of spacer thingys with a starved and desperate population to fill their coffers. It's almost too much to bear. Yet, again, I'm strangely tempted to follow your suggestion. I like cornices.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that Linus was able to talk the gullible Charlie Brown into missing Halloween to wait for the Great Pumpkin. Accordingly, I waded into the Pumpkin Patch and tried to put an order through the Catek site for FR2 toe ramps. After cowering under the table once I hit the "submit" button, here's what came back:

Caron Alpine Technologies, Inc. :: Warning

Order processing error !

Payment processor declined your order.

Please review your data and try again.

Reason: Error: The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. (Reason Code 13 / Sub 2)

This seems to suggest that, if Catek's not dead, then they are extremely sleepy. For the record, I want to state that trying to place this order does not make me an idiot. It merely confirms it.