Note to New Members ×

Buck Hill 2014/15

bobble

Went riding Saturday on my Donek Freecarve I. It took a couple runs to get used to it. Visibility was crap but eventually the sun came through. 

Went riding Sunday morning. Car thermometer read -3F. Windchill was deadly.

I had Crossroads and Milkrun all to myself. Snow was hard cord. It didn't take long for my toes to freeze even with boot gloves.

Took a really hard slam on toe-side and landed on both wrists. Grateful for the wrist guards. There's a patch of rough icy snow at top of Milkrun. I went after the fall to warm up. Went back out and took two more runs and left. Only out for an hour.

Yesterday I placed an order for a 175 Schtubby V2.0 x 21.5 with 13/14m sidecut. Ptex topsheet. Got an email Sunday morning that he was going to knock off the base today. If all goes well it should ship by Friday.

When the season dies down I'll send my Nirvana in to see if its repairable. 

Excuses for missing first chair.
1.) My wife Jessie went running this morning, and returned home around 8:30am.

2.) My Daughter was up from 4-6 am.. therefore we were also awake..  I woke up at 8:30am

Rode from about 10 - noon. Watched the USASA SBX action.
Snow was great.
Brought out the GoPro and took some video.  http://youtu.be/56jTkEfO1sE

• Like 1

Excuses for missing first chair.

1.) My wife Jessie went running this morning, and returned home around 8:30am.

2.) My Daughter was up from 4-6 am.. therefore we were also awake..  I woke up at 8:30am

Rode from about 10 - noon. Watched the USASA SBX action.

Snow was great.

Brought out the GoPro and took some video.  http://youtu.be/56jTkEfO1sE

well... guess i should've waited longer. 

how did you mount the gopro?

Saturday morning kind of sucked, lots of ski racing going on. The only run that was open was crossroads. There was a boardercross thing set up on warners way, road that a few times. That's like the lazy mans snowboarding, doesn't take any effort with the banked turns. I'm pretty sure I was faster staying on the inside of the turns.

Today was kind of a zoo with traffic.. but what a great day to be out..

Reading the runs from left to right:  Rail Jam, USASA Banked Slalom event, Ski racing with little ones on Olympic, crossroads was open but busy, with traffic and random Patrol clinics, then Moguls, and USSA ski racing on Milk run which lasted until after 2pm. Red tail was open and had some nice rollers.... considered carving the flats in the halfpipe to avoid the straight-liners.
Blue skies and temps warmed up around 12:30, and was quite good for carving!

I too scoped-out the banked slalom course after the event, and throught the groom-crew did an excellent
job of forming the banked turns. Looked fast and smooth. Having this race in a time-trial format looks really appealing..

Heard tell that there were some carvers at Welch today.. Anyone want to claim that one?

Heard tell that there were some carvers at Welch today.. Anyone want to claim that one?

Affirmative.

Joe, Trent and myself were there Saturday. i didn't have much fun. was having issues with riding my Donek. The board felt really stiff and i was doing a lot of skidding and riding upright. 

Trent offered to lend me a Coiler on Sunday while he tried my Donek. He rode it. i asked him about the ride. his response, "bob, its all in your head!". That was comforting to hear. I thought maybe the board was messed up or something. Now i know i suck. Good news indeed!

Snow was good at Welch but top of bakke was really chopped up. We spent most of the day on Lookout.

Going to drive out there after work today (Monday) to ride. Trent, Greg, and myself will be there. 

• 4 weeks later...