Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2014-2015

• 4 weeks later...

Painful. My retirement plan has me in Oregon in about 4 years. Need to find a solid part time job as long as the sock company goes as planned. Buy my socks... So I can live in a modest house in PDX. Surf in the summer and ride all winter...

Painful. My retirement plan has me in Oregon in about 4 years. Need to find a solid part time job as long as the sock company goes as planned. Buy my socks... So I can live in a modest house in PDX. Surf in the summer and ride all winter...

Do you have a link to your socks? 

Might consider buying your home here sooner than later?  Prices are on the rebound big time! 

• Like 1

It will get interesting this summer.  Current coverage looks more like late-June than mid-May.  Runs can still be made down the Mile, but the last 50' or so must be done on foot.  Some other runs terminate higher up with no warning.  The main snowfield looks fairly healthy, and I suspect the Westernmost lanes should last the summer.

gallery_532_45_1162577.jpg

FYI, this post is in regards to Timberline Ski area, NOT MHM  (more folks are "suscribed" to this ride board. )

Jon, I have not talked to anyone else that has been up recently.    I would think of it as "Would I  be willing to go up in late June?"  

Bryan

Off topic , related by the fact that Kurt Heine (long time Mt Hood Local Pro / Videographer) was one of the guys behind the camera.  Additionally , one of the young riders , Ben , is from Mt Bachelor.   Just released. https://www.redbull.com/us/en/snow/video-series/1331628644234/pat-moore-blueprint

Rode Timberline today. They were downloading on the chair to get off the mountain. No way to ride all the way down. Snow was fairly good up high, super fast early then softened up some. Ran into Mark Fawcett in the tune center, what a down to earth guy! He was coaching a amputee rider and doing all sorts of trick stuff for him. Done for the year now!