Note to New Members ×

Retirement!

patmoore

Retirement!

I started full time employment at the Library of Congress in the spring of 1966. In the ensuing years I've been a USAF Airborne Weather Observer, College Professor, Skydiving instructor, TV Weatherman, Insurance Salesman, Recruiter, NASTAR Pacesetter and Web lackey. Nearly half a century is enough. At the close of business this Friday afternoon I'm calling it quits.

My child bride (she's only 62) retired a few months ago, my three younger siblings have all retired and now it's my turn.

Nearly eight years ago I launched the online store for SuburbanSkiAndBike.com and it's been a wonderful ride. I'm turning over the reins to some very good people. For those of you who also ski I encourage you to search for great gear there.

After attending my 50th HS reunion next month we plan on doing some traveling. In January we're kicking around the idea of a western road trip to Tahoe. From there we'll spend some time near Breckenridge and then head to Snowmass for the NASTAR Nationals. Plans for 2016 involve the 440' Nevis Bungy jump in New Zealand.

I hope to lower my golf, ski racing, and snowboard racing handicaps and to devote more time to photography and art. See: pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

I've had the good fortune to meet many of you at Expression Sessions and races in the past. Hopefully I'll have more time to ride with you in the future.

post-75-14184241791_thumb.jpg

"When you're over the hill.....you pick up speed!"

Yep, congrats Pat! Sounds like you'll be living the dream.

Very timely, as I just found this blog: <a href="http://www.mrmoneymustache.com">http://www.mrmoneymustache.com</a>. It's all about leveraging frugal living to save aggressively and retire scandalously young. ("Retire" in the sense that you still work, but only because you want to, not because you need to.) The blogger retired in his 30s...it's a little too late for me to match that, but I'm getting lots of good ideas from him nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...